Note to New Members ×

I love squared tail boards!!!!

AaronG

I went riding today at Snow Summit, Calif. It was kind of crazy after 12:00 so I was just cruising and skidding around, I would throw in an occasional carve when the crowds permitted it. On to the story, being that it was so crowded the lift lines were a joke, at one point there was some softie riders behind me laughing at my setup (167 Factory Prime). The one guy that seemed to be instigating all the hostility toward me constantly was sliding up over the tail of my board, then, sarcastically apologizing. After 6 or 7 occurences I turned around and finaly said something to him, again, sarcastic apology offered.

He did it once more and I tilted my board up on a slight edge and just slid that thing back with some force. I could feel the sharp corner of my prime tear into the ptex base and hopefully into the core. I turned around and with a sincere look apologized. He then sputters, "Dude, this is my friends board and if I return it to him with a scratch on it, he's gonna kick my as*"

Again, like he did so many times before, I offered an apology.

I hated to do it, but damn, if felt so good at the time.

Go ahead and offer up the flames but I was pissed.

If I had my Prior 4X4 i couldn't have done that.

:D ...guess my pogo would have been a good weapon as well, it has a massive alu tailblock with a sharp edged halfcircle cut out.

but i am afraid the new swoards cant keep up to their names:p, , you cant hurt anything with a plastic tip protection :(

....whats your best LLDS liftlinedefensesysthem?

Originally posted by tigger

:D

....whats your best LLDS liftlinedefensesysthem?

This kind of thing doesn't happen very often to me, fortunately. In the past, if the infractions against my board are intentional, or after I've asked other riders to step off and they don't, I'll usually whip my board from under theirs and slam the edge down on their tips. Yeah, they don't like that. I do the same thing when I'm on my skis.

If the infractions are unintentional, but repeated (Gromms not paying attention, etc) I'll hold my board on edge. This doesn't take much effort, and has the desired effect.

In all situations, I'll always nicely ask the person behind me to back off a bit before I take more aggressive action.

-chuckle-

I usually just yank the board back to nick their bindings/boots with the corner of the tail. of course, with obvious intentions. Once it happens, I'm tolerant. 2nd time, I'm not too tolerant. Why should I put up with it when I paid 750 bucks for 'em ?

If someone steps on the back of my board, I scoot my board forward, pick it up, and put it back down on top of their tips. You can feel the 'springiness' of their tips flexing downwards, and them pulling their ski/board backwards shortly after.

Most people don't repeat the game, but some do.

I've had this evil thought of putting some kind of pointy things at the tail, something that would obviously damage a ski/snowboard base. ;)

Originally posted by Brian

Met a guy who puts velcro strips on tail of his board (picked up at Home Depot), runs them up about 8" up the board and across the tail....some folks need to be trainned on liftline etiqueete.

That's a great idea! Free structure, just ride over my tail... ;) Problem is the jibbers: A lot of them don't care about minor scratches in their bases. I'm thinking a nice spikey stomp pad might have the desired effect! :)

A skier was kicking the back of my board continually. I gave him a few dirty looks.

He did it again, my mate turned around to give him a dirty look, then said to me 'push your board back right now'

I kicked it backwards pretty hard, and heard someone falling over. He was leaning on his ski pole adjust his boots!

hehe

there ya go, carpet tape

altho I still thing a row of punk rock spikes sticking out the back would REALLY keep people off you

honestly, if someone pulled that **** on me, or DOES pull that **** on me when I have my new coiler It might be hard to restrain me

Alternative...

Stick a sheet of clear sticky back on the tail, or coverseal. The damage is already done when they stand all over the board. The plastic protects the board.

Or just not care too much - gear is meant to be trashed.

I used to claim when people did this on my nitro EFT (with the notch out the back) - "listen you f&*king k&*t you've broken the corner off my board, go and find it so I can glue it back on, this is the third f&*king time that some k&*t has done this f&*ked up s&*t this f&^*king week."

Sometimes I would show by vast disapproval by shaking my head and saying nothing while looking at the snow.

The second one was less funny though.

The best LLDS that I have ever seen was a section studded dog collar epoxy resined to the tail of a visiting Korean Carver I was riding with at Blue Cow mountain Last season .

The spikes were about 1/2 inch high and matrixed around and inch apart .

Wicked