Note to New Members ×

Full Beginner Rig Wanted: Boot 43.5/44/US10, 5'8", 190LBS

Decoyent

BomberForum-

Have been working a pseudo carve style on a traditional rig and it's time to go hardboot.

Been snowboarding many years.

Boot = 43.5/44

Deck = TBD (current most used decks in quiver include Steepwater 167, Nitro Pantera 166)

Bindings = TBD (at the mercy of the Forum, but doing lots of reading).

Weight = 190lbs

Height = 5'8"

I'm in SoCal and would like to pickup but that's not a dealbreaker.

Headed to Idaho this weekend for a few weeks, can pick up there as well.

Would like to get this done this week.

So, please advise.

Would be very happy to help you clean out some old gear so you can make room for your new stuff!

Thanks.

-Decoyent

Some more detail:

Primary mountain is Mammoth.

My main areas for carve are morning corduroy off GoldRush+Chair 5. I'll charge first ups from The Mill and do rounders.

Also enjoy G2/Cornice/Etc. and working the Hemlocks.

So, I've got a number of areas to work sizable uncrowded arcs and tighten up as the mountain crowds build.

Sometimes I'm at Sun Valley (ID), but when I'm up there I'm often doing something other than boarding as Sun Valley is expensive and there's a ton of other winter sports in the area.

Hi, I have a 2 things posted that may be good for you-- Oxygen 172cm board with snowpro bindings.

I may have other lengths of boards, what are you looking for. These snowpro bindings are not as stiff as some plate bindings, so they would be good learning, even at your size. The board would probably be good, too, since you have snowboarding experience. I used to race parallel GS on the 172. I am 5'3", 145. It is a nice freeride board for someone like you. It would be to little and soft as a race board for you. I would have to ship it though. Let me know if you have questions or need more pics. Links to my post is below.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?41017-Snowpro-binding-with-a-few-extra-parts

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?41014-Oxygen-Proton-GS-172

Thanks,

Stacia

What a great online community!

Thank you everyone on the above and the DM's.

Finances and timeline dictate I'm going to softboot it for my holiday mountain time (I've got super stiff board+boots+bindings) and perhaps in Jan will get a proper rig.

Happy holidays all, get low.