Note to New Members ×

Need help with hardboots for wide feet

bigmike13

My frustration with the current crop of soft boot gear is pushing me toward a second attempt at making hardboots work again. I have size 11-11.5 4e width feet and could use advice on hardboots from those with paddle size feet

For wide, high volume feet, Head Stratos Pro if you can find a pair. They seem to come up quite often on this forum.

Failing HSP look for Dalbello Carve series. They are the same shell as HSP but have DIN soles. I picked up a pair of NOS off ebay for $50 for backup parts but used them for skiing instead. Blue B on here used to use them too.

Others have said that UPZ are wide in the toebox but I don't find them particularly wider than average. I've got a D width foot and put an older Raichle thermoflex liner in there that takes up quite a bit of space. From what I've read they are wider than Deeluxe though. You could always get them punched too and get a lower volume liner.

Hope that helps start the conversation and I'm sure others will chime in.

I tried a pair of 09-10 325's, and they were too narrow, I have heard the head are prob my best bet, but harder to find and the upz have a wider toe box but can be pricey. This time around I'm looking for the best possible chance of getting my caveman feet into HB's without coughing up more cash on something that won't work. Any one use a wide atb ski boot to cure this problem?

• 3 weeks later...
For wide, high volume feet, Head Stratos Pro if you can find a pair. They seem to come up quite often on this forum.

Failing HSP look for Dalbello Carve series. They are the same shell as HSP but have DIN soles. I picked up a pair of NOS off ebay for $50 for backup parts but used them for skiing instead. Blue B on here used to use them too.

Others have said that UPZ are wide in the toebox but I don't find them particularly wider than average. I've got a D width foot and put an older Raichle thermoflex liner in there that takes up quite a bit of space. From what I've read they are wider than Deeluxe though. You could always get them punched too and get a lower volume liner.

Hope that helps start the conversation and I'm sure others will chime in.

http://shoes.about.com/od/mens_size_charts/a/men_width.htm

Judging from this chart, i have like a G width foot :freak3: measured 4.1" for 5.5 Shell size (25.5 MP)

You think HSP/Dalbello are wide enough for that?

I'm about to get my UPZs punched out a little more...