Note to New Members ×

shipping my subaru

lowrider

Are you going with the car in some fashion? If so, Uhaul rents trailers for cars.

If not, I used these guys about 10 years ago. My memory isn't great, but it took a long time and was a couple hundred bucks.

http://www.lhf.com/

Good luck!

Modern day price is around $1500. Don't mind waiting got lots of cars but price seems high. Trying a service called Uship but the back and forth trying to confirm dates is tough.

Wait 'til you try to find a shipper for that nifty Scotchman/Haberle/Doringer cold saw you found way off yonder on Craigslist/Kijiji.

For something like that you make a special trip and tell your spouse it followed you home on the trailer. In my case it's a trip in the wrong direction at the wrong time of year so it's best left for someone else. Emerald ash borer has found it's way into my part of Ontario so the price of firewood will probably go down, and the supply of good ash for snowboards will go up! That cold saw is probably something you want more than you need but the prospect of it not going to a good home is haunting you isn't it ?

^

The saw was an integral part of a nice job.

http://beckmannag.com/machine-tools/new-project-new-tools

If I bought new and 'offshore' from Jet or Baleigh's, the shipping was ~250 usd. Shipping on used brought quotes exceeding 1k, with no guarantee of safe delivery on a top-heavy tool.

In the end it was both cheaper and safer to rent a truck, and hire someone trustworthy to engage in a heavy game of 'fetch'.

If your car is roadworthy and legal, you might consider paying a friend to drive it home if you have not the time yourself.

(Stimulate the local economy etc...)

^

The saw was an integral part of a nice job.

http://beckmannag.com/machine-tools/new-project-new-tools

If I bought new and 'offshore' from Jet or Baleigh's, the shipping was ~250 usd. Shipping on used brought quotes exceeding 1k, with no guarantee of safe delivery on a top-heavy tool.

In the end it was both cheaper and safer to rent a truck, and hire someone trustworthy to engage in a heavy game of 'fetch'.

If your car is roadworthy and legal, you might consider paying a friend to drive it home if you have not the time yourself.

(Stimulate the local economy etc...)

Blown head gasket and I don't trust available options in Canmore Alberta so i'll see what the issue is once my shipper delivers. $1100 dollars doesn't buy much time in a dealership theses days so i'll invest the money in self education.

Modern day price is around $1500. Don't mind waiting got lots of cars but price seems high. Trying a service called Uship but the back and forth trying to confirm dates is tough.

I used uship for a trailer a couple years ago. Worked out fine but seeing as it's just a bunch of independent shippers bidding on your job you may or may not have a good experience. I used the feedback info to get some warm fuzzies about the guys I picked.

I used uship for a trailer a couple years ago. Worked out fine but seeing as it's just a bunch of independent shippers bidding on your job you may or may not have a good experience. I used the feedback info to get some warm fuzzies about the guys I picked.

Posted a request with Uship got three bids and booked one friday. Heading out to Canmore on the 8th of Sept so i should cross paths with it some where in Manitoba on the 10th. Just wondering what i should tell insurance company if vehicle never shows up in Ontario.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to have my car shipped form Philadephia to Ontario, I already had 2 cars transported from coast to coast but it was long time ago using this car transportation company but I dont remeber the prices now. Maybe someone dealt with car shipping from these 2 states and know the transportation costs.

Edited by Newgets

• 2 weeks later...