Note to New Members ×

New gear

Randy Kight

Hope all are well. I always seem to post questions about this stuff towards the end of the season, so...I'm back. I'm in Richmond, VA. I'm interested in, again, some new boots...my SB324's are tired and falling apart. I would like to try on, but no chance in hell of that happening locally. Mainly interested in UPZ and Deeluxe. I'm happy with my 324's, and am no racer...want all mountain carving, but mostly groomed/chopped with occasional powder. Currently in said boot and on an old 164 Volkl Spline with TD3 SW's...running 45 front, 35 back. About 220 pounds. If you knew of a shop that had a good offering that I could try on something that might meet my needs...any where in the USA, what shop would that be and where? I've got some miles burning a hole in my pocket, and just crazy enough to fly to try on and buy. Bomber, All Board Sports, etc? Thanks for your time as always!!!Randy KightRichmond, VA

The time Mario is suggesting is good also because car rentals are cheaper then. The last two years it was dirt-cheap; this year it looks to be more expensive but still reasonable (weekend deals often good for Fri - Mon or Thurs - Sun maybe $15/day or so?).

If you're happy with Deeluxe SB fit you very likely won't like the UPZ's fit -- the heel will probably be too tight and the toebox too wide. But you never know and if you have the luxury to try, go for it and report. The UPZ fit me pretty well (an even narrower heel would be nice...) but the Deeluxe (SB or AF) don't. Even in the smallest shell I can get my feet into, my entire rear foot swims around while the forefoot is locked.