Note to New Members ×

Looking for Guys with big feet and a 21 waist boards.

Maxlanaudiere

Hi guys !

I would like to know if any of you have size 29.5 feet and using a 21cm waist board could give my the lowest angle you can run your bindings to without boot owerhang.

Thanks !

Sean Martin's Donek website has a width estimator calculator for custom boards/boot size/biding angles that might allow you to begin to answer your own question.

http://donek.com/snowboards/alpine/rev/

Other issues also come into play in that

1/ large boots have less leeway in some bindings (esp. step ins) for centering the boot over the midline of the board to minimise overhang.

2/ the board's sidecut radius(i) will also affect the answer

In the end your answer may have to come from experimentation and some carpet carving

Edited by SunSurfer

I have a UPZ 312mm shell, foot are 290mm and boots says: 9.5 - 43.5 - 280mm. Board is Prior 4WD 179 with 21.4mm WW.

I'm using Burton elevators, 13mm lift and F2 Race Ti. Set my angles to 55/50 and it was fine. Got just a little bit of overhang, say 6-7mm, used a box to determine this :)

Depends on a boot and binding used and how much over hang you can live with, I can say you can get about 50 degrees on your backfoot.

I suggest with Intecs i can set 48 on my backfoot and with Race Ti and 21.0 waist and totally no overhan this will be like 52-53 on your backfoot.

I wear M30 in the Head Stratos Pro.

Current board is 22cm wide and I run 60/55. At 21cm wide I need to step it up at about 65/60.

Note that I have a wide foot and have had the shells punched out around my toes and the ball of my foot so I have to set the angles a bit higher than someone with a narrow foot.

Are there binding angles that you like? Are you trying to figure out how wide to make the board as a result of your angles?

For the record I am wearing Head stratos pro boot. Trying to figure how wide I'd want to order a custom board.

Donek's calculator doesn't seem to work. Give me board with of 6 cm and such :/

Try using the US street shoe size on the Donek calculator. For some reason it doesn't work for the big Mondo sizes.

For reference, I'm riding a Mondo 29 Head Stratos. My angles on my F2 Speedster 166 SL are 60F, 57R. Its a 20 cm waist.

My Donek Axis 177, 21.5 cm were around 55F, 53R. My Prior BX 176, 23 cm would go down around 50 or less but I didn't

like them that low.

Remember too that those angles are going to affected a little bit by your stance width. The further you mount from the

waist of the board the lower the angles can be.

Edited by wvrocks