Note to New Members ×

SG Full Carve 170

piusthedrcarve

I purchased this Full Carve 170, ordered through Bomber last season for $900+shipping.

Prior to this board, I had a SG Full Race and its riding characteristics led me into purchasing a Full Carve. I consulted with many SG distributors/racers/owners in Europe whether I should go with Full Race vs. Full Carve..before purchasing.

As their recommendation, it is awesome board. Geometry is same as Full Race but without titanial layer. It rides much like Full Race but little easier to find carve lines. Edge grip on hard pack is very good and even on ice. Since it has glass characteristics, it rides better in various conditions, especially in soft snow. I has more pop on hard pack snow. I was informed that Sigi prefers Full Carve for freecarving but uses Full Race only for training and racing. Here is SG spec.

I rode this board less than 10 half-days since I have too many toys to play with. This year, I've been riding a lot SL or short boards and only had this one on snow for 4 times.

See photos for its condition. Yesterday, I went off the trail on this and got little scratches on base/edge (see photo #5). I will treat the edge with file and smooth the scratch on base today. Over 10 half-days of riding over 1 and a 1/2 season, it has been waxed 4 or 5 times.

SOLD

m96ooh.jpgsxdjtc.jpg

i2o9q9.jpg25p69dt.jpg

2zq93qe.jpg28uqwj9.jpg

Edited by piusthedrcarve
SOLD

• 2 weeks later...
Hello - What's you bottom line? A bit steep for me currently, although I do recognize that your asking price is fair. I may be interested in a slightly better price.

Best - Stephen

This is my best (in terms of versatility) board that can't acquire easily since Full Carve model is not offered in North America through distributors. I listed it for sale just because I want to try something else which is much more than this and am trying to get some funds from this sale. Please enable your email or PM me to discuss further. piusthedrgolf at gmail dot com.

Edited by piusthedrcarve

Interested in any sort of trade at all???

Haha.. if that comes from you or Bryan, I can name anything right? :)

- Madd 170 Red or White wall (I know you do have few :) )

- Oxess XR/XX 178 or RG 177/180

- Sense 170+

- Pogo 170+ (Edge or Blitz)

- Virus Tantalus II Evo III 175

Lastly, - Coiler 172 VSR FC or AMT (>180 lbs) or Nirvana for comfort.

Basically want a carving specific deck with camber in 170+ range.

Of course, difference (of fair value) will be paid or want to be paid on trading.

Thanks for asking the question. I needed to write them in somewhere so that I won't forget.