Note to New Members ×

WTB hard to find Burton VARI-CANTS ....one last try to see if any left out there

jolson

Do you have pix of what you want?

Ummm...no pic's without me dissasembling the toe and heel bail plates ......and they are currently all in my locker at the ski hill. I can do that this coming weekend. The Vari - Cants were pretty specfic items to the Burton Race plates I am told and would be known immediatly by anyone that had them or found them mounted under Burton Race Plates they purchased.

Looking for one more set of the elusive and hard to find VARI-CANTS. Picked up a couple of these years back....two piece items that fit under the toe and heel bail plates of Burton Race plates......If anyone has any please email me direct at jolson@comolp.com Appreciate it.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?39565-Mystery-Cant-Plate-30-shipped-in-the-US

Thats not it WV

These are two credit card sized interlocking pieces of black plastic that mount under each individual toe and heel block (8 pieces total) in between the bail and base plate like the wedges under F2s only rockered to adjust cant angle. I had a set of these I accidentally sold on a pair of stepins, forgot to take them off when I boxed it up:mad: so I'd love to find another set also.

post-6797-141842386761_thumb.jpg

Had lot's of people ask me what the heck a Vari-cant was....and more than few that thought I was referring to the UNI-CANT disc contraption. Some kind soul went into his closet and dug out what I have long been looking for........Seems this WANT TO BUY board does produce........

Attached is picture of the Burton Variable Cant wedges that go under the Burton Race Plate toe and heel plates. They are small, unobtrusive and at least for me, give me just enough cant that I need on the front foot to keep my front knee comfortable and in position.

Thanks to the bomber faithful for digging these out.

Edited by jolson

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1/2 set of these. ( 2 pieces) They came with a set of race plates...the previous owner used them as a flat heel lift, and lost the other. Were they sold in sets of 4 for both bindings?

They seem like such a good idea, I'm surprised they never caught on.

Someone should make a cast and produce alloy ones.

Edited by dano

Dano, can you take a pic of what you have? The pic above is for two full sets and two half's and they want $55/shipped. So, I don't know what to offer. The pics will help. Appreciate you putting what you have on here.

here ya go...

post-182-141842390403_thumb.jpg

So is the heel (square/v-cutout) flat or angled? Angled forward or canted in ? Is the kind of oval part flat, angled canted? Sorry, from top down pic, they look flat. If I am correct, they were $30 for a complete set (enough for both bindings). I may be wrong though. Soooo, if this is half a complete set then we should do half the price, providing the bolts are available as well. No bolts, we will have to go from there I guess. Let me know what you think. I have no clue how to price it.

You must not have seen these in person before. This is the only one I ever saw, and it came with the last model of burton race plates sold. ( the ones with orange plate covers ) They should call them "vari-shims". By moving the small top piece side to side you can either be flat with some lift in the middle, or vary the cant inward or outward 1 to 4 degrees. They fit under the metal heel and toe blocks. So you'd need 2 of these suckers for each binding, and both the heel and toe block have to be shimmed the same for the boot to engage correctly.

But you can't use the stock heel and toe block screws anymore. You need one a bit longer and one a bit shorter than the stock screws to account for the "slope". here's some better pics of the sucker. ( they are not installed on my race plates in the pic )

I was holding on to these hoping I would find another set or sets, but I ride flat anyway....

post-182-141842390467_thumb.jpg

post-182-14184239047_thumb.jpg

post-182-141842390473_thumb.jpg

You are correct Dano. I have never seen these in person. You run flat front/rear? What stance width and angles are you running? I went out today and ran flat/flat at 57/51 and a 19" stance width. Not bad, but if I had a little heel lift I think it would feel better. So what you have is half of one binding?