Note to New Members ×

Burton Race Plates, NOW --> Intec Compatible

mprovenc

I have been riding hardboots since 1995 and I have an assortment of Burton Race Plates and Step In Bindings that have not been Intec Heel compatible until NOW.

The Bomber stainless steel heel plates seemed like the easiest to modify to fit a variety of bindings which is why i started with these $10heel plates and $5 lock blocks for a total of $30. I also checked the F2 heel piece as well as the Cateks and I selected the Bomber heels.

I used a 1/16" piece of rubber as a dampening plate and needed to use slightly shorter bolts that I had in the snowboard spare parts drawer. The plates and lock blocks were milled on a Bridgeport machine at work, I widened the 1/4" slot on each side to be 5/16" to accomodate the race plates (2" center to center) and milled a "T" section in the center of the original slot to accomodate the Burton step Ins (1.75" c to c) that I have been using for years. Now these heels can be used on any of three bindings that I currently use. The attached pictures explain the rest. I was limited to 3 pictures on this post...?

Marc

post-1856-141842385369_thumb.jpg

post-1856-14184238537_thumb.jpg

post-1856-141842385371_thumb.jpg

i, like most dudes, appreciate a good shop class show and tell, But are you selling these???

The intent of this thread was to assess the need of this modification and see what kind of comments and responses were triggered by Those who own Burton Alpine bindings. I have considered selling these and would like to hear feedback on what others feels is a fair price... This will help me determine if its worth the time and investment in time, materials and tools... Right now it seems that $100 set might be a starting point. Comments?

Hum, seems a bit high, but such is the nature of a very small production run. Some might really need one. My interest was with respect to mod/replacement for Catek OS heels. Think about it, pound out enough of these, you could become the new intec heel guy when word gets out. But I think you'd need to undercut the big guys. my 2cents

Hum, seems a bit high, but such is the nature of a very small production run. Some might really need one. My interest was with respect to mod/replacement for Catek OS heels. Think about it, pound out enough of these, you could become the new intec heel guy when word gets out. But I think you'd need to undercut the big guys. my 2cents

BTW, the heels will now fit Cateks as well. Think about $100 vs $389 for new bindings... Heel cost 30 + ~15 shipping for me to get them... Not much profit when you factor materials and time. I thought it was a fair deal but thats why i asked for comments. Thanks!