Note to New Members ×

Unofficial SES NASTAR race at Highlands on Wednesday?

SunSurfer

The NASTAR course at Highlands should be open between 11am and 3pm on the Wed that SES is riding there. $10 will get you three runs, sign the disclaimer and go for it.

Any takers for a chance to try your gate bashing skills against the biggest assembly of carvers a NASTAR course is likely to see in any given year. (ski gates, a gentle GS style course)

Only for the glory of it, no prizes, and no video planned unlike the Carve-Off. I'll need to check to make absolutely sure the course is not closed for a private event that day.

Given that most of us post under 'Net names, post your racing name to claim the glory for your result.

We can check the official results for the day's race e.g. http://skiracing.nastar.com/index.jsp?pagename=raceresults&race=101088&year=2013)

If we ride as a group then we may also manage to get some video shot.

SunSurfer

Running the NASTAR at Snowmass today, I found myself lining up against Aspen local and alpine snowboarder Mark Hogan. Mark beat me each time (handicap 31.7 = gold, to my 37.87 = silver), but there is something about looking in the course along side you and seeing another carver, in the same age group, that stirs the competitive juices. There was just enough offset to make a least a couple of the gates extremely tricky at the speed we were going.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find the discipline of running gates makes me a better rider.