Note to New Members ×

Scott Maynard in the hospital

patmoore

Not quite the king. Mark Hogan (50-54 class) was the fastest snowboarder at the NASTAR championships, beating Scott on raw time in both the snowboard race course and the Race of Champions. Mark is an Aspen local I had the pleasure of meeting, and having my butt whipped by in the Snowmass NASTAR course, in Feb 2013.

Thanks Pat, and thanks all for the well wishes.

SunSurfer, no question Hogan is the king.

I told him so when we shared beers and photos after race of champs that day.

Honestly, he and I have shared race courses over the last decade. He wins a few, I win a few, that's how it goes. I was .3 off his time on the last day of age group comp on Friday and I consider that a victory considering where I was a year ago. Give me another season of healing and I may be able to take him out again... time will tell.

Slushy bumps at Stowe all day yesterday. What a way to end the 2014 season (maybe?).

See you all next year I hope.

Ride fast take chances!

Ride fast take chances!

Your recovery from injury and return to racing is giving me hope as I rehab from, fortunately, more minor injuries that have had me off the slopes since Feb 2013. One of them happened while riding fast & taking chances in the NASTAR course at Highlands. Hope someday to pick your brain over a beer at a future SES!

Hilux, that would be Lars Jenson. Newcomer to Nastar nationals and quite the competitor. That Rossi was a great choice for the first day of age group competition because the course was a bit unorthodox but it may have hampered him with its length on day two. Love the TD1 bling on both his and my rides!

Sure SunSurfer, just let me know when you can make the trip and I will make every effort to be there. Heal well!

Scott,

Making plans for SES 2015. There is a work related conference at Snowmass at pretty much the same time each year as SES which got me there in 2012 & 2013.

Hoping to earn some more NASTAR gold and maybe a first platinum.

Edited by SunSurfer