Note to New Members ×

Carving at Homewood Resort CA?

barryj

Homewood is pretty nice; the lifts are a bit slow but the run in front of the carpark when it is good snow conditions is AWESOME for carving earlier in the day; gets cut up though and can go into an ice/thaw mode late in the day though sometimes.

Looking up the hill, there are some nice runs down the left side of the hill running to mid mountain, nice mid pitch groomers.

All in all a nice place to spend a day or so especially if you have done a big day on the quicker lifts at Rose, Alpine, Squaw etc. Because the lifts are a bit slower the crowds seem to be minimal as well (my biggest issue is lots of ppl on the way down).

yeah, as Davekempmeister says, around Tahoe there are some sweet deals if you are willing to go beyond Squaw/Northstar/Heavenly; different days different promotions; I think last time I rode Tahoe (2005) we didn't pay full price a single day while there - every day was some promotion running here or there.

Homewood that run to the carpark really does feel like you will end up in the lake; a few runs like that on the hill; one of the prettiest to ride that's for sure.