Note to New Members ×

Hardboot help

jeepska

Does anyone out there know what boots are typically wider: UPZ, Deeluxe, Head. My foot length is 27 but my width is 11.5 cm. I am new to finally getting some good carving gear. I have been riding 25 years in either soft boots or old ski boots. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Deeluxe 2** and 3** series (SB) are quite narrow up front and mid boot, with not so narrow heel. The 6** and 7** series (AF) are slightly wider front and mid.

Head is wider then Deeluxe SB, front and mid, and maybe slightly narrower at the heel.

UPZ is wide in front and narrow at the heel.

This is just seems to be a prevailing opinion on this forum, but there is no scientific or manufacturers' data.

I was at Bomber the other day and Michelle was telling me they did a test of all the boot manufacturers dimensions. It was very eye-opening and, I suggest everyone take a look at it. I'm sure she could email it to you.

For what it is worth. My feet are 9 1/2 EEEEE. Noticeably widest just in back of the toes.

When shopping for boots, I tried every brand and model that the shop had and bought the one that felt the best.

I am wearing Head Stratos and happy with the fit.

Try on everything you can and go from there.

Thanks for the great reply's everyone. I am now leaning toward the Head's or the UPZ's but have read bad reviews on the liners. Will I also need thermaflex liners in addition? My guess is the moldable liner would be the best fit but maybe I am overthinking. The Deeluxe come with them. There are no shops around me for testing. I have to buy online.

Stock flo liners of the UPZ have a definite breakin period. my boots hurt like hell at first, but broke in they fit great no complaints. The hard plastic tongue of the liner does add stiffness though. so some say the a thermal liner does two things for you I that case. My foot is 100mm wide I'd call it very near max width for the upz before mods.