Note to New Members ×

Lug and bail - loosely tied

First of all I really love my TD3 step in!

I use it for 2 maybe 3 years and it works great, however...

Worries me only one 'issue': the bail and the lug is loosely tied (all 4 joints).

What it means? from the pic below:

https://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/Bindings/TD3andSW/TD3_SIparts_1000.jpg

part G and part D joined by threaded connection is not rock solid, it has around 1 mm space.

How to call it.... freedom, flexibility, loose, which is in my opinion not necessary in the TD3 system. What I noticed it lasts for all the time when the bindings was brand new, and now is the same, unfortunately it worries me same time too :(

See short movie:

What is your experience or opinions? Should I worry about?

Can I tide it with lock-tide or some epoxy glue?

Some other ideas ?

Thanks

pdolar

Edited by pdolar

Fin:

I updated first post, I do refered, of course to part G and part D from the https://bomberonline.3dcartstores.co...parts_1000.jpg shame on me :(

also added the movie:

www.oldsnowboards.com understood correctly I see :)

thanks for responses.

Please comment!

P$

Now we understand. Always important to have maximum thread contact. Sometimes you have to experiment to satisfy yourself that you have the ideal placement. From what you have shown perhaps you could move the toe block forward to get greater tread depth engagement with the bale. I would disassemble and inspect for thread wear, if evident i would replace part with new and when reassembling be sure parts have the maximum thread contact.Always error on the side of caution. I'm extra careful as i have had a front bale open accidently. Not a nice thing to experience. Good Luck

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/10rYil3ce50?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That does look like allot of movement, more than normal perhaps. Are all four lugs similar in the amount of play?

Off hand I would start by replacing all four lugs and then see if you can adjust the bindings so you can have the lugs threaded onto to bail as far as possible.

The lugs are likely the softer material and have perhaps worn from use.

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

pdolar,

yea, that is NOT a good spot for movement. Hard to see but maybe the Lug was turned out so far as to allow this? hard to say why this is happening.

But please drop me a line via e-mail (in my signature) and we'll get you the replacement parts you need to get going.

Fin, can the lugs be made out of steel? It seems to me that the aluminum lug is the weak point between the steel bail and steel shaft. The lug also tends to deform when tightening the shaft screw (at the opposite end where the shaft is held captive by the lug).

Edited by heroshmero