Note to New Members ×

to buy or not to buy?

theboarderdude

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/spo/3405008439.html

I inquired about the add and he said he could sell for $250, no negotiation whatsoever.

I would be converting the step-ins to regular td-2s, selling the td-1s I just bought, and selling the board. would it be worth it? I checked bomber's store and they have the toe bail and clip, set screw, and lug w/o spring, but no spring or sole block. Any ideas for a conversion?

so, should I buy it with possible negotiation??

thanks in advance

I don't understand where td1s come in - you have a pair already? They are typically worth $100 or so.

As far as racing goes - I have no experience but the step-ins will be stiffer. Many racers feel the td2s are too stiff in general which is why Fin designed the sidewinders.

There are other, cheaper Intec heels than the Fin-tec ones.

Yes if you are under 180 # the 4mm lite would be good as it will allow movement that makes it more comfortable with stiff bindings. Most people aren't willing to invest in the new technology and use it on older bindings and boards but there is a world of difference to discover if you dare!