Note to New Members ×

Build to order: Norsk Skwal

Wolfman

Hi guys,

I just wanted to introduce another resource for beautiful performance driven skis and and now also Skwal.

My friend Luke has been building his performance skis for race to powder using exotic wood veneer finishes and carbon composites. Depending on the expected performance, ability and weight of the rider he can build his products to order.

His Skwal has been the result of his experience as a fabricator and skier and input from my end as a carver.

The specs:

Length 1850 mm

Tip 215 mm

Waist 138 mm

Tail 189 mm

Camber 14 mm

post-1346-141842371018_thumb.jpg

To learn more about Norsk and Luke's products, please visit Luke's website at http://www.jekul.com/jekul.com/Wilkommen.html

Norsk is located in Colorado!

If you have any questions, please feel free to post!

Cheers,

Rolf

Edited by Wolfman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ace,

Thank you for the positive response! :biggthump

The board will be up in Mammoth, CA this winter for some rigorous testing. I am sure that the Socal posse is eager to have a go on her and post comments. SES 2013 is in the planning.

Cheers,

Rolf

That seems pretty wide-waisted for a Swal at 14 cm. What is the dividing line between Skwal and snowboard, anyways? Some of the Virus boards have 14 cm waists - are they really Skwals in disguise?

Hi Neil,

That is indeed an good question. Is it the aggressive stance that determines the difference? Perhaps so. Its a nice discussion point for the forum.

I would like to call it a Skwal as this sets an expectation regarding the stance. On the other hand the name Skwal alone gets a certain attention from a more select target group, so there is a marketing aspect to that name/ term too.

Virus has such a wide range and classifications of alpine/ carving boards and has an extreme good reputation and good quality. But also for them, you just have to tell someone that you have a Virus, you don't need to tell them which model, you have already set the expectation that its going to be radical, narrow and top-of-the-line.

Thanks for checking out the specs. We have designed and build this board for those who have a more limited budget, but who are also looking for Build in the USA and want a board that is fun to ride under different conditions. Because of the chosen materials the finish of these boards will always be unique as nature provides us with all these different kinds of wood veneer.

Cheers,

Rolf