Note to New Members ×

2012/2013 season

Allee

Snow at Sunshine this morning, Aug 24.

It's starting to feel like fall too. Temperatures still in the 20's during the days, but starting to drop into single digits at night now. Days are getting shorter, nights are getting longer.

Still crossing my fingers for mountain biking into October, but I might start going through some snowboarding gear, and sorting out if I need anything from preseason sales ...

Thinking about going to SES this year with Bruce. Allee have you been? Suggestions about where to stay?

You gotta see Bruce, the guy lost close to, if not 60 lbs.

Does this mean that I won't disappear when I run over his trenches this year then?:nono:

I stayed at the Moritz in Aspen ... might be a little downmarket for you :) Rice and Corey are the men to talk to - ask them where they stay at Snowmass, they've always been pretty happy with the accommodations there. No Aspen for me this year - I have a motorcycle trip to France and a new mountain bike to pay for next summer ...

Does this mean that I won't disappear when I run over his trenches this year then?:nono:

I stayed at the Moritz in Aspen ... might be a little downmarket for you :) Rice and Corey are the men to talk to - ask them where they stay at Snowmass, they've always been pretty happy with the accommodations there. No Aspen for me this year - I have a motorcycle trip to France and a new mountain bike to pay for next summer ...

I usually stay at the Pokolodi in Snowmass, however the first few days appear to be sold out so I need to look elsewhere. My flights are booked and I am arriving there Thursday night because I booked on points.

I'm pumped for NES and also SES!

Steve, how did you know when to book? The dates haven't been announced yet. Or did I miss it?

I've been staying wherever I find a good rate. ;) I like the easy access to everything in Aspen, from groceries to buses. Snowmass is more limiting with shuttles only at specific times. The St. Moritz is nice, the big hot tub/pool is filled with carvers around 4-5 every day. Snowmass has a quieter feel to it.

• 2 weeks later...