Note to New Members ×

Anyone know old school Oxygen Kr 64c

Welcome to Bomber Online!!

Is it an asym? Purple top sheet? Can you post a photo to be clear?

Hope your season is going well. Oxygen boards have been historically

very good quality, forgiving and often best suited to lighter riders.

Their recent boards are very high end and well regarded. Probably not

in the Kessler / SG / Oxess level , but very good.

They have made alpine boards for many years. A photo would be ideal for better ID.

Interesting thread came up in a quick search.

http://www.extremecarving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=64952

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Digging a bit deeper.

I found a post on alt. way back when!! Our own Chris H. posted.

Oxygen KR 64 Board

1. Chris Houghton

View profile

More options Mar 14 1996, 1:00 am

Just started riding this year, and love to carve. I'm using a 163 Morrow Drive with soft boots

right now, but a friend has offered me his Oxygen KR64 board with plate bindings for $500 CDN. Do

I want to start with hard boots on this board (I'm 6'2" 190 lb.) or would something else work

better? Should I start with intermediate ski boots instead of hard board boots?

I don't want to give up the soft boots / other board, but it sure looks like fun to carve up the

corduroy first thing in the AM, then change to soft boots after a couple of hours

What do you guys think? Also, is the board a good deal? Lots of camber left, BTW, and not chewed

up.

TIA,

Chris

Cheers fellas

Turoa late August for us so might see you down there ... that said I wouldnt keep up as my first run two weeks ago after 8 years (before kids) ... that said got bit so trying to get into some new boots for the next trip

post-11907-141842370252_thumb.jpg.jpg]

Not sure if photo will work ... if it doesn't not the the old Asym & the deck is stamped steel plate pattern 164 .. reckon new about 1998-2000

Bit short but unridden so snapped it up

I had one of those briefly as my first alpine board- I think it just predates the Proton (if I remember). Fun board, pretty easy to ride. I wouldn't put it against the current stuff, but it was a nice classic feel. No taper, if I recall. I untimely ripped mine apart, but that was after about 300 days in a couple of 7 day a week seasons (man, I miss those). That HOT you have should also be a fun board!

Cheers fellas

that said got bit so trying to get into some new boots for the next trip

What size feet do you have? I have a pair of Deeluxe Suzuka's sitting in the garage, in close to new condition. Size 29.0 standard liners, 29.5 lower shell. 5 point heel position. Might be relatively stiff for a new rider.

I picked them up on Trademe last year as a long term spare for if my Head Stratos Pro's ever gave up the ghost but happy to sell if it'll help you get going in the sport. If they are of interest to you, send me an email at

aj dot mckenzie at clear dot net dot nz

and I'll send you some pictures.

Use the search function to scan Bomber for info on Suzukas to see if they would fit your needs.

SunSurfer

SSurfer

Just emailed... cheers

That Shine is an awesome board ... bought it in 2000 (manu 1996) but hadnt been ridden when I got it ... still a little life left in it

Will also buy a new board for next season once I decide what to get

As mentioned been a few years since I last had a slide & was funny to hear some of the lifties asking what the hell that set-up was

That said got talking to a few others ... telling me there are some mean carvers still

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Bought a Donek 175 MFC

just had this first 3 days last week ... Crappy light days 1 & 2 ...legs gone on day 3 which was blue sky (ironically forecast for the worst day) .. day three it was just a waste .. Anyhow

Even though bad light day 1 was my best ride ... as the old legs were as good as they were going to be

Held the ice real nice... Very damp ... Carved surprisingly nice at low speed .. Released nice ... Stable at speed ... Was surprised by mellow transparent speed on the exit (as was trying on the steeper parts of main mountain)

Not the boards fault but struggled heaps with my weight on the VSR as was carving way to tight when trying to carve bigger turn as had weight wrong (in my mind was still trying to ride the old boards I had only ridden for a sum total of say 3 hours last year in best part of decade)

finished day 1 so tired my legs just stopped and had to slide down sideways

Thought after day 1 I was going to be on a roll but got way worse each day ..struggled to commit ... Chatter on heal side ... weight too far forward on the toe ...and although I know technique 80% ...the other 20% was most likely binding tweak

Awesome board day 1 .... Going to get way awesome on next trip I reckon ... Don't regret (thanks to advice from the south NZ)

I will be heading to whakapapa 2-8 sept riding a white board wearing khaki jacket and hardboots. Happy to share what little I know bear in mind I've ridden 10 days in 10 years and last day out tore my acl. But anyhow I understand basics ok.

Oxygen is a good board. Maybe a little 'dead' for my liking but definitely nice and easy to ride. I just sold my oxy 178 proton and am bringing it to nz.

Stretching and frequent breaks can turn a bad day around. These newer boards u ride a lot more centred than the older generation nose/centre/tail progression. If u r around happy to help u nail the heelsides:-)

it looks like there is a fair bit of snow now though! I am quite excited, first time riding in NZ in 10+ years..... it would be worth it to come join us and do a day at Whakapapa if we are riding there as will be 2 hardbooters at least, and our west plus Valley/Knoll are all good carving runs. Or maybe we come over to Turoa for a day.

15 years ago I used to ride at Whakapapa mostly riding a red nitro scorpion, black jacket/pants and red raichle ski boots, so not sure if our paths ever crossed - was training for a couple of seasons mostly one on one with the swiss instructor on a nidecker in the late 90s.

I may ride a bit poorly (especially now with my knee) but I do know the principles of how to ride well, I just can't. So would be happy to share what little I know, have taken an ex GF and a few friends out from time to time to ride in hardboots, and most have developed marginally better riding as a result.

If you look at my thread i.e. the fact I dont know what I am talking about ... & the fact only just getting back in to it ... i would defintely learn so brilliant. Keen as if weather conducive I will be there (used to mostly ride Whakapapa anyway as that is where the Mrs is a member up the hill) ... would be awesome to ride with some hardbooters ... so might just book now

There was one guy I recall riding a bit at Whakapapa & Turoa at the time (8 odd years ago) who from memory was running a Oxygen KR 72 for a while & was AWESOME ... but cant remember the red raichle on a nidecker