Note to New Members ×

Coming to Denver in June...

fishrising

So, looks like I am coming to Denver in June to meet with my boss for work. Need some advice on where to eat and drink within an hour or so. Please let know where to go!

Also1, he already said I can come back a couple of times in the winter, so I will have to time one trip around SES in 2013.

Also2, should I bring my mountain bike and spend an extra day or two this June? Anywhere worth while within a quick trip of Denver for an East Coast average single track rider?

The Oskar Blues Brewpub in Lyons is a bit of a haul from Denver proper. My recommendation is to go to Falling Rock Taphouse. Best beer selection in Denver. The food is pretty decent, but then again I don't go there for the food.

If its not a hassle, bring the bike, lots of great singletrack within an hour of downtown. Fort, meh, not bad but not great, lots of wild game on the menu. If you want to do the wild game thing, I would reccomend the Buckhorn Exchange. I seriously think you should try this place:http://hopsandpie.com/ though there are plenty of other great beer places in town. Unfortunately, Casa Bonita closed last October.

mario

Thanks All! I will need to check some of these places out and see what my schedule really allows for as my trip gets closer.

Michelle, if my schedule can really allow for an hour trip each way, I will come out for visit, haven't been in Summit County in years, at least since some friends were living in Silverthorne...and never been there without snow on the ground. I'll know more in the coming weeks.

Michelle, if my schedule can really allow for an hour trip each way, I will come out for visit, haven't been in Summit County in years, at least since some friends were living in Silverthorne...and never been there without snow on the ground. I'll know more in the coming weeks.
sounds great! if you can give us a day or so heads up, we might be able to show you the local watering holes.

• 3 weeks later...

Casa Bonita has reopened! We had dinner there a couple of weeks back. My first experience. The service was good, the food mediocre, but the overall experience of indoor cliff diving and virtual spelunking was amusing. It's an all-you-can-eat, raise-the-flag-for-more type restaurant. Cindy said the prices had increased pretty sharply since last year, but its still a pretty cool experience.

later...

James

So, yesterday afternoon we drove up to Red Rocks, then up 74 to Kittredge and Evergreen, then turned around and did "The Fort" for dinner. Not too bad a place, great menu! Not sure whats going on tonight or tomorrow yet...

Saw some fly fishers fishing pocket water on Bear Creek. Anyone out there fly fish?

Next time, assuming its a warmer month, I'll have to being my road bike, my mountain bike, my hiking boots and my fly fishing gear and forget about work. Saw a large amount of road bikers in and around suburb Denver as well as up 74 along Bear Creek. And obviously if its cold, bring my carving gear...

I may have to talk to the wife about moving out here...but it might be too tough to get any work done.