Note to New Members ×

Fyi.....

skatha

I collected one on the way to Whitefish for the long weekend. $6200 worth of damage to the car - hood, headlight, front quarter panel, front door, and two hoofprints in the back door where he must have bounced off the side. Not an experience I care to repeat.

I collected one on the way to Whitefish for the long weekend. $6200 worth of damage to the car -

Thusfar, ours seems to be one of the best purchases we ever made. (Thanks for the pre-buy endorsement!)

Good luck with a lot of work on a smallish AWD!

BB :o

Back in '88 during my one Michigan winter,I was driving a bunch of us in a Chevy van back to Zeeland from Crystal and hit a deer at 55mph on the dark and Narrow road.In a rare moment of quick thinking I kept the van ,with it's destroyed front end and leaking radiator rolling into a nearby driveway.We looked and looked for the deer but never found it.The very nice and helpful homeowner fed us while we waited for someone to come get us and said that the same scenario had occured several times that season.He seemed to be calm and used to it.

Edited by Steve Prokopiw

Thusfar, ours seems to be one of the best purchases we ever made. (Thanks for the pre-buy endorsement!)

Good luck with a lot of work on a smallish AWD!

BB :o

Yes, it was my baby blue car, unfortunately. I have to give props to my insurance company (Intact/ING), who got it back on the road in 3 weeks and did a stellar job of the repairs. Better than new.:)

Glad you're enjoying yours! Mine is getting up in miles now (almost at 100) but still rocking along!

Steve, I didn't go back and look for my deer. The guy who stopped behind me assured me it was dead, and looking at mangled animals doesn't exactly make my night.

Edited by Allee

I've gotten both a phone call and an email from my insurance company about the fact that they may "total" the car, mainly because it has over 100K miles on it-believe me, in TX, that's easy to do. My ER job is 112 miles round trip, my Pasadena job is 90 miles round trip....I'm seriously thinking of changing the insurance coverage on both my vehicles that have over 100k mileage to liability only and my 44 year old Ford to liability only, as well (it only has 49K miles on the odometer, I've owned it for 20 years so I know that's accurate) Opinions?

My Expedition "blue-books" for $4700. The BMW "blue-books" for anywhere from $20K-$24K....the 'Stang is another story, but I know from previous accidents involving Mustangs that the insurance company looks at Fords as Fords only, no emotional appeal considered...

A blue book of 20K and they're going to write it off? I have no idea how insurance companies think sometimes.

I logged on the FB this morning to discover that my bro and I are apparently double teaming the wildlife - he took out a cow on the way home last night.

A blue book of 20K and they're going to write it off? I have no idea how insurance companies think sometimes.

I logged on the FB this morning to discover that my bro and I are apparently double teaming the wildlife - he took out a cow on the way home last night.

And they say Canadians aren't violent...sheesh!

I killed a cow with my Expedition in 2004...I am, apparently, a one woman wrecking crew...