Note to New Members ×

how to mold boots/binding angles

theboarderdude

I just got my new boots in the mail today, and I was wondering on how to mold them, I would look it up, but I trust all of you who actually own boots more than genral articles on ehow.com, etc. I was also wondering what my binding angles should be set at. I ride goofy, and these would be on my racing board.

Well, since you asked for advice from strangers without bothering to read any of the great articles published on this site (HERE), I'd suggest the following.

Remove liners from boots. Set oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle some salt, pepper and olive oil into the liners. Wrap the liners in Tin Foil. Bake for 2-20 minutes (varies based on oven and aversion to melting plastic smell). Remove liners from oven and try to put them in the shells. Use the foil to wrap your feet and insert into boots. If possible, buckle at tightest possible setting. Walk out in the snow. That should do it. YMMV.

Angles: I'd suggest 65 rear and 50 front. It doesn't really matter how wide your board is, or how big your boots are. If you go with those angles, board width and boot size won't make any difference.

Or go read some of the dozens of threads on this subject, along with the above referenced articles.

Zipfit liners (cork floating in silicone) require no heating, but they suggest removing the liner from the shell and putting it(shell) inverted over boiling water, with a towel wrapped to catch the steam somewhat, until hot, then inserting liners and wearing until cool, might take a few repetitions, the shell molds quite a bit to the foot-liner.