Note to New Members ×

June Carvers Classic - SNES 2012 Official Thread

nekdut

Okay, I met with June management today and we have this finalized! This year's Sierra Nevada Expression Session, or what June Patrol likes to call it, June Carver's Classic, will take place this weekend, on Saturday and Sunday, March 24th and 25th at June Mt.

We will have:

Mid-day groom

Gunsmoke reserved for semi-private use ("race in progress"!! ;) )

Shared gear demos (which should be quite extensive, but sorry, not official vendor demos)

On-slope hangout and gear storage (right at J4)

Timed race course and SB gates

I as well as others (as far as I can tell) are planning on sharing some gear for demos as much we are able. Can those who are able to share gear, please list what you are able to bring? What else would all of you be interested in seeing as part of this event?

Please lets get a headcount and gearcount:

1) nekdut (Neil) +3

2) slopestar (lance)

3) Miltie (tom)

4) SnowNBeachAdddict (Brooke) +1

5) Carlo

6) carvingchef (Andrea)

7) Arclite (Julian)

8) Does_not_think_with_mind (Phil) +1

9) Wolfman (Rolf, and Bev? +1)

10) mohouck (Chad)

11) g-ben (Greg)

12) Tim Kienitz

13) Thomas

14) Terry

15) Frank

16) GeorgeS (George)

17) Hey John (John)

18) Big D

19) ?

Gear Share! (no promises, just what has been listed so far)

Bomber Plate

Donek Plate

Kessler KST 185

Coiler Stubby 166

Coiler VSR 161 (womens)

Coiler 172 (womens)

Sims Premier 167

Prior old school WCR 185

Donek Razor 170

Oxbow Worldcup 171

Burton FP

Burton Alp 156

Donek GS195

Coda 2 skwalls with bindings

Coda V0

Coda V2

Coda V0-xl

Coda Sideways for soft booters

Coda carving monoboard

Volkl 173 w/Donek Plate

Madd 158

Kessler 180

Burton race plates/neon yellow with 6* cant

Burton UP 162

Bomber TD1s with multiple riser discs

Burton Fusion 165

Edited by nekdut

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil,

As always thanks for putting this together for everyone. We really need to buy you and patrol some beers this year. We will be there this year, but I may not be able to ride (numerous medical issues this year), but Carlo will definitely ride. Carlo also indicated he is going to tell a couple of other friends that ride hardboots to see if they can make the trip.

If I can't ride I would be happy to take pics and video's etc......

As for gear.......no new gear this year (except UPZ boots). Carlo got a new board, but it has not been shipped from CO as of yet.

If we have any newbies that need gear to demo let us know. We have a TON of non-metal alpine boards and some hardshells around. I also have my Coiler 161. My Kessler is having issues with inserts at the moment so we can't remove the bindings:( I also have my 172 Coiler.

Concerning food.....we prefer to purchase food on the hill so we can support the mountain as much as possible:)

Thanks again for your efforts in putting this together:)

That is great news! Thank you as well!

I am in and have what I listed in the previous thread/

also have:

sims premier 167

Prior old school wcr 185

I am traveling from OC and need a carpool/ lodging buddy if interested to differ cost. Look forward to seeing you all!

Yo Lance, Bring your Track 700T boots. I found the extra set of liners (non-thermoflex) that will fit your boots. You carve so nice on softies that I bet you would be slaying it on a hard set up if your feet were happy. Let me know and I will bring them. Take care, Tom

Count me in!

Shall I bring the boom box again for some tunes?

Will bring the Oxbow Worldcup 171, Burton FP, Bev's Burton Alp 156, and the biggest and baddest of them all, my tiny Donek GS195.

Thanks again for setting this up!!! I was already getting bummed for not going to Mammoth this week with the storm coming and all, but this makes it all good!

I agree with the food, lets support the local tavern. We'll just muscle some peeps out of some good tables for us all.

Cheers,

Rolf

It looks like I can be there!,

I can bring 2 skwalls with bindings, a new generation V0, a V2, a V0-xl, a Sideways for soft booters, and a set of carve specific skis for Aaron :)

And of course at least one carving monoboard.

I also have a set I Delux boots from last year with fin-tech that just never worked for me. If you might be interested in them, email me: chad@codaboards.com

Thanks Chef/Tom.

Can only go if I can find cheap diggs and a carpool buddy. I can travel from OC or South Bay areas and back as I work in Manhattan Beach but live in the OC. I really want to be there! Death by Divorce and Taxes this year has left my SNES fund low...

Hi,

Take a read at the weather report...........predicting snow for SNES weekend. In fact looks like quite a bit of snow for this week and next!

http://mammoth-mountain-weather-discussion.mammothsnowman.com/

That isn't too much for the actual SNES weekend though, six to twelve inches over 5 days is just a dusting. Snow is certainly welcome, and we definitely need it, but I'd like to think we can still aim for 3/24-25 as the date.

All the snow this week and leading up to next will be great to get all of the surfaces in good shape for the event though! :)

That isn't too much for the actual SNES weekend though, six to twelve inches over 5 days is just a dusting. Snow is certainly welcome, and we definitely need it, but I'd like to think we can still aim for 3/24-25 as the date.

All the snow this week and leading up to next will be great to get all of the surfaces in good shape for the event though! :)

Agree!

Lance, If I go up by myself, you can ride probably ride with me. Just waiting for my wife and kids to decide if they want to go that weekend. Give me a day or two to figure it out with my wife. Gonna head up late morning or early afternoon Friday to beat the traffic. Will most likely stay in June close to the mountain.

My wife and kids decided they want one more boarding trip for the season so will be bringing them along. My kids like Gunsmoke and the runs off J6 lift so it will work out good.

For food..... we usually buy on the mountain to support the local folks. This has been a tough year for them. I agree with Brooke that we should buy on the mountain anyway since they are hooking us up.

Gear... Will be bringing a Donek plated Volkl 173 and 1 other board yet to be decided. May need to bring a pow board if the second storm materializes.

Lance, My vehicle is going to be full now. My apologies dude. Tom

No sweat Tom. Looks like I'm flying solo from the OC on Friday. I will ride Mt High Friday morning. Any ideas on the cheapest place to stay in June Lake? I need wifi and a bed for Friday and Saturday night. Anyone interested in sharing lodging or carpool, let me know

Lance, We stay at the June Lake Motel since we know the owner well. I think Andrea stays somewhere else close by which is a little cheaper. He may have a suggestion for you. Let me know if you want me to bring some of your gear in back of my truck. We are heading up from Fountain Valley Friday afternoon after my kids get out of school. Thanks! Tom

All good/ I was going to offer the same. Solo in my Wagon means lots of space... Thanks for the lodging tips. I tried to score a 168 madd bx here but the deal did not happen. So...I pulled the trigger on some new flow NXT-FRX bindings. Please bring those liners though, The molded ones in my track 700's are just painful. I am getting some footbeds done tonight.

Nearly 3 feet a June so far, but the forecast has upped next weekend's expected snow, and moved it sooner. Not that I don't want pow, but this is a carving event. I don't want a repeat of the last time we tried this. :mad:

Edited by nekdut

Top post updated. See you guys soon!

For those bringing more than one board for this event (or other miscellaneous gear) for the gear share, please meet at the top of J1 by 8:15am for a snowmobile cart that will bring everything up to the shack at J4. This gear will remain locked up at the shack over Saturday night, and will be brought back down around 2pm on Sunday.

Edited by nekdut