Note to New Members ×

Headed to Lech, Austria

WASMAN

Headed to LECH Austria for March break. Never been.... 1- How are conditions there? 2- what is terrain like there for carving? Going with family and dont really want to take ski's if I dont have to as I really dont ski anymore, just carve... what boards to take??? Big radius carving boards? AM board? POW board? HELP!!!! Quiver is too big and dont want to take more than 2 boards.....

Lech has some very wide and simple slopes. It will be spring conditions. Temps will rise at the end of next week (around 18th of March) about 15 degrees celsius. Be careful with going off piste in the springseason. Take a board with you that can handle soft snow and pow like your Prior AWD 179 and something shorter around 170 when pistes get mixed up with moguls in the afternoon.

Never been to Lech but I spent 5 days in Tux, AT in early February. They got piles of snow this winter so your conditions are going to be awesome. Where we were, grooming was impeccable and the slopes were wider than the 401.

The vibe of Austrian ski towns just can't be beat. They make apres ski an art form. From 4-6 every day, people just party in a very positive, friendly way. Singing, dancing, drinking great beer. And it's all ages. No ridiculous 21 drinking age. Have fun. I'm jealous.