Note to New Members ×

Rad-air?

Neil Gendzwill

Guest Pre School Rider

Neil,I had no troubles getting the web-page to work.I will say that I've had 'delays' in responses E-mail wise from them,but Surfing is an acceptable reason in my book!If you still can't get through,try calling Mike Doble at 705 739 7690 or Roces in Canada(that's the distributor for boards). Roces also is based in Peabody,Mass,just north of Boston. Feel free to e-mail me if things still go awry.

Last I spoke to Mike at worldwidesports he said that the distributor wasn't bringing very many boards into the country this year and they (wws) probably won't be getting any. He agreed it's next to impossible for those crazy adrenaline junkies at Rad-air to reply to e-mail (they surf, a lot). He said to go straight to the distributor.

And this in a year when all the Tankers are CROWNS!!!!

Can I get a witness?!

PSR when are you going to open up a shop?

Guest Pre School Rider

RJ,I missed it when the shop CMC used to work at folded.It's now a skishop for the Bogner crowd at Stratton.However,I am very seriously pursuing some interesting ideas on leasing a recently closed ski-hill,and turning it into a Snowboard Training facility.It won't happen for another two years at the least,and it likely won't be exactly what I want it to be.However,the idea is there,now it's just getting the funds together...

Neil,

Did you have any luck getting in touch with Roces or finding a Tanker? I contacted both Roces USA and Canada and have not gotten any reply from either place. I might be able to get you one from overseas if you want, but would have to check on the shipping cost for you if you wanted to go that route. I have the 03-04 model and have been riding it since february and it is by far the best tanker yet (my avatar is a pic on the 03/04 crown taken at the Longboard Classic in Japan).

cheers,

sandy

Guest Threeboarders

I bought 4 boards from Roches Canada in Barrie about 3 weeks ago (3 LSD's and a172 Tanker). I had a hard time getting ahold of them on the web but they were great on the phone and in person. They seem to be into x-c ,bikes and inlines ...not to much into snowboards ... due to poor sales they said they were going to ship their stock to the parent company in the states soon. Call Ron Bobbette at 800-461-6420 or ron.bobbette@rocescanada.com tell him you spoke to Doug Barlow in Courtice Ontario or contact me directly an I can e-mail you the price list he gave me

A couple of questions for people interested in Rad Air products:

1. Which boards are you most interested in (tanker, tanker o/s, LSD) and what sizes? (i.e. 2m Tanker Crown)

2. Would you prefer to get them from a web based retailer or a local shop?

3. If you could pre-order boards over the web would you be interested in this type of service (this would require payment as well)?

4. Do you prefer using e-mail or telephone for communicating with shop staff?

BTW Roces Canada is out of the Rad-air business and no longer has any product in stock. I believe Roces USA is in the same boat.

Originally posted by svr

1. Which boards are you most interested in (tanker, tanker o/s, LSD) and what sizes? (i.e. 2m Tanker Crown)

2 m Tanker Crown.

2. Would you prefer to get them from a web based retailer or a local shop?

Either is fine, but a local shop is unlikely to stock these boards.

3. If you could pre-order boards over the web would you be interested in this type of service (this would require payment as well)?

I would have to trust such a service before I could do a prepayment thing.

4. Do you prefer using e-mail or telephone for communicating with shop staff?

Guest Pre School Rider

Neil,I ask my local Rep what was up,and he said Rad-Air/DeeLuxe/Kneissel/Roces is trying to centralize the in-house stock in North America.So,Peabody Mass. will be the likely source from which stuff will be sent.They are Not out of boards,nor are they talking(or thinking) of leaving the North American marketplace.Last year(economically,not Snow-wise)was tough on many retailers.That's just a GWB thing,kinda runs in the family as I recall.In any case,I'll let ya'll know what's available and from where once I chat with Roces and Rad-Air. "Good things come to those who are patient,better deals come to those who are frugal."