Note to New Members ×

Legal Job Market in Denver

grock5

Hello!

So, my wife & I are contemplating a move to the Denver area, as an opportunity arose for me at my current employer. I am very excited about the opportunity, both for professional reasons, and for selfish reasons as well...

We're starting to look into whether this is something that we can do at this time, but our main question & concern that we had was whether we can get my wife employed in Denver within a reasonable amount of time.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the job market in Denver looks like, both overall, as well as specifically in the legal field for associate level attorneys?

Thanks!

hi grock5,

like skatha said, what is the general scope of your wife's experience. I know a guy in Denver (Stapleton, site of the old airport) who is a lawyer (friend of bro-in-law) and I see him a few times a year. We drink beer together a throw a football around - how most people get their jobs, I think.

Thanks to everyone for your replies!

We’re reaching out to Recruiters & contacts to see what we can dig up, but we were curious as to the overall legal market in the area.

We're just trying to feel out what the market looks like for Associate level attorneys (3-5 years experience out of law school). She has great credentials & focus on healthcare & IP/Trademark law, and experience working for the Federal Government within agencies that handle healthcare & insurance issues.</SPAN>

That's the way to do it...my husband got on the AIA site and has 12 pages of architectural listings in Denver. Our time frame for moving to Boulder is in the next year or two. I'm a doc and, with the massive shortage of primary care providers everywhere, don't anticipate any problems on my part. Although I'd rather live in the sticks...like Granby...

• 1 month later...

Well, According to a report from the National Association of Colleges and Employers, about 60 percent of 2011's summer time hires and interns became full-time employees. That is an all-time high. In the current difficult job industry, summer internships are becoming increasingly important as a first foothold onto the professional ladder. It is said that the record high number of hires is likely driven by the poor economy. Once offered a job, few interns are in a position to turn it down. But that same hunger may also drive some interns to excel, prompting more job offers. Anyway, You can find more at: Summer jobs and internships: career gateways.