Note to New Members ×

Boot Companies Fitting/Sizing/Profiles

BXFR70

I have searched, but could not really come up with anything.

This thread may be useful for others looking for information also.

I know bootfitting is usually something that should be done in person, and must be fine-tuned in person for sure.

I am looking to get into hardbooting I plan on going to ECES for a day to demo some stuff, I am not sure what types of boots will be there.

So, when I do buy some stuff, I wanted some information on boots, as I doubt I will be able to try them all on.

What profile foot does each manufacturer boot fit?

Also, what ski boots currently made, if any will work for snowboarding?

My foot profile is not overly wide, but definitely not on the narrow side, fairly average in the fore foot, or maybe only slightly wide, a narrow heal and ankle though, and a higher instep. in soft boots, Salomon Malamutes work because of the higher instep, that seems to be the most important part for me, otherwise the top of my foot is crushed.

so, which manufacturer would work best for my profile, I have described, any to stay away from for sure, after what I have said? I realize that a bootfitter can add lots of foam in places and tailor the fit, but I think its best to start with something closer from the beginning.

I know of:

Deeluxe

UPZ

Head

anything I am missing, what ski company boots will work? I hear Dalbello some, keep in mind, I will not be skiing with them at all.

thanks for responses in advance.

Welcome to the word of power transmission.

I've worn Raichle 121's (circa '94), UPZ RTRs ('09?), UPZ ATBs ('11), and Deeluxe T225s ('10). I currently only have the UPZs.

I have an extremely screwed up foot with completely flat aches. My toes are wider and I have a narrow heel, though because of the fallen arches my foot kind of pools outward in the middle. I can't wear any boot without resorting to bootfitting to blow out at minimum the arches. Oh and I'm a little bow-legged so cuff canting helps.

All that being said here's my take on boot shape with the boots I've had experience with.

UPZ's - wide toebox and narrow heel

Deeluxe - narrow toebox and wider heel (I couldn't get my heel to stay down in the T225s). I can't say if the 700s have the same shape as the 225/325 either.

I have heard, that Heads fit larger overall but have no experience with the boot.m Also I'm not sure if Heads are really going to be available for much longer. The gab around here last year seemed to be they had stopped making them. I'm not sure if this is true though.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by Puddy Tat