Note to New Members ×

Tiehack R.I.P

Mats

So I´m back in Aspen and took the new highspeed lift after cruisin down Buckskin. On the lift up I cross Tiehack Trail. My alltime favourite slope. Sometimes during stays I must have done 40% of my riding here. So what do I see? They have ****ed it up totally. After the drop we call waterfall there is a banking on the right which had an opposite banking this was sooo perfect to crank turns against. Now they have bulldozed it! This afternoon has been a sad day for me. Aspen Skico has stolen my slope.

Here's a video in rememberance of days gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4yh2Z7QNmU

So I´m back in Aspen and took the new highspeed lift after cruisin down Buckskin. On the lift up I cross Tiehack Trail. My alltime favourite slope. Sometimes during stays I must have done 40% of my riding here. So what do I see? They have ****ed it up totally. After the drop we call waterfall there is a banking on the right which had an opposite banking this was sooo perfect to crank turns against. Now they have bulldozed it! This afternoon has been a sad day for me. Aspen Skico has stolen my slope.

Here's a video in rememberance of days gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4yh2Z7QNmU

I have fallen victim this in the past. Being an east coaster that goes out west once or twice a year, I have mistakenly thought the same as Mats. Kirkwood, most memorably. Didn't even look like the same place one early March to the next.

• 2 weeks later...

Milkland was beutiful today! Not a lot of traffic. And Sterner was a blast. Back at the hotel I logged in and saw some posts in this thread. Here´s my two cent´s:

Well guys, you may be right. And you may be wrong. Fact is - the bank on the right is earth and it´s still there. The bank thats missing on the left is gone. Everything else is as before. One of the towers on Tiehack trail is gone and earth has been moved. How can I be sure about this? I have done more than a couple of turns against the banking very near the tower of the old lift.

Check the pictures and you can see that there is one tower missing in the trail (the one behind the carver). The first is from 2007 and the other from 2012 = tower missing and earth moved.

post-506-141842362719_thumb.jpg

post-506-141842362727_thumb.jpg

Milkland was beutiful today! Not a lot of traffic. And Sterner was a blast. Back at the hotel I logged in and saw some posts in this thread. Here´s my two cent´s:

Well guys, you may be right. And you may be wrong. Fact is - the bank on the right is earth and it´s still there. The bank thats missing on the left is gone. Everything else is as before. One of the towers on Tiehack trail is gone and earth has been moved. How can I be sure about this? I have done more than a couple of turns against the banking very near the tower of the old lift.

Check the pictures and you can see that there is one tower missing in the trail (the one behind the carver). The first is from 2007 and the other from 2012 = tower missing and earth moved.

[ATTACH]29838[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]29839[/ATTACH]

Great to see you here riding! Nothing stays the same, Buttermilk is not the place it once was but that changed happened long before you started riding her. Change is good, the bank is gone (I told you I thought that it was still there but who really cares). Gone also is the alley on Blacks, the waterfall line on Horseshoe, the powder lines on the old lift line on the westside, crowded with carvers, powder thought to be gone early and on and on and on. The Milk still has perfect days, just different perfect days.

Right Bob!

Just FYI Mats, I hiked that area all summer long and the earth still remains the same. Find another bank to rip a railing turn on, they are all over the place! Love the place for what it is, love it for what it was.

Send me that song bro!

Stoke is all there is!

The president's week sort of bummed me more than I thought. People everywhere.

Milk is still great . The last couple of days was fantastic! Not a single person on the hill in the morning. Sorry for being grumpy.

Aloha to ya all brother in milkland!

Stoke is all there is!

The president's week sort of bummed me more than I thought. People everywhere.

Milk is still great . The last couple of days was fantastic! Not a single person on the hill in the morning. Sorry for being grumpy.

Aloha to ya all brother in milkland!

Aloha Mats ... see ya next year :)