Note to New Members ×

SES Stratton 2012

carvercutie

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if we need to sign up ahead of time for daily clinics? I'm a rank beginner, so would be better off with the (probably very few) others like myself:) Also, I'm wondering if those in charge will be bringing any rental equipment...I have a board, but would like to try hard boots. I'll be using my soft Flows. I know that women's sizes are probably rarer than snow this season...

There will be clinics on Wednesday and Thursday, clinics will be suitable for all ability levels. And yes you should sign up in advance for the day and time you prefer, mention you ability level and those conducting the clinics will group you accordingly.

Go to this thread to sign up for the clinics.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?36317-Carving-Clinics-are-here!!

As for hard boots, there will be Demos (not rentals) available to try out, the smallest being a size 25.

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if we need to sign up ahead of time for daily clinics? I'm a rank beginner, so would be better off with the (probably very few) others like myself:) Also, I'm wondering if those in charge will be bringing any rental equipment...I have a board, but would like to try hard boots. I'll be using my soft Flows. I know that women's sizes are probably rarer than snow this season...

Welcome!

I might be able to help you out, but the most important thing in all of this will be your boot size. What size is your foot? Where are you located?

Welcome!

I might be able to help you out, but the most important thing in all of this will be your boot size. What size is your foot? Where are you located?

My shoe size is a 7.5 women's...I think that's a Euro size 38. Thanks for your help! It would be nice to try a hard boot to see if it makes any difference. If not, I guess it's just my sub-par ability. Maybe I should stay in the land of Denial:) I live in north-central CT. I don't recommend it!

My shoe size is a 7.5 women's...I think that's a Euro size 38. Thanks for your help! It would be nice to try a hard boot to see if it makes any difference. If not, I guess it's just my sub-par ability. Maybe I should stay in the land of Denial:) I live in north-central CT. I don't recommend it!

7.5 womens puts you into a 24.0 or 24.5 Mondopoint boot. This puts you just out of the demo fleet range, and not into a boot size that is common with anyone I know.

You might want to try to snoop around for a used pair or something else to use in a pinch.

Call the startingate (http://www.startingate.net/pages/Contact-Us.html)

Ask to talk to someone "downstairs" to see if they have any of their Head Snowboard boots in your size. If they do, I am guessing you can rent/demo/or buy them for darn cheap.

Another option for you (which I used before I took the plunge and bought boots) was to rent ski boots. Not the best because they don't have the forward flex, but a good way to try and see what hard boots are like.

I bought my boots new. It is really hard to find small boots (I wear 6.5 - 7) and I got the only pair ordered in that size by the distributor that year! Having said that - racing kids needs to up-size on a regular basis and might have stuff going second hand on some of the forums here.

7.5 womens puts you into a 24.0 or 24.5 Mondopoint boot. This puts you just out of the demo fleet range, and not into a boot size that is common with anyone I know.

You might want to try to snoop around for a used pair or something else to use in a pinch.

Call the startingate (http://www.startingate.net/pages/Contact-Us.html)

Ask to talk to someone "downstairs" to see if they have any of their Head Snowboard boots in your size. If they do, I am guessing you can rent/demo/or buy them for darn cheap.

I was at the startingate today and think they have a pair of head stratos pros in your size. Call and talk to "Chance" (it's his real name). Ask him if you can demo or rent a boot in your size with intent of buying if things go well as long as you can apply the demo cost to the cost of the boot. They have the Head stratos pros in really large and really small for half price or so right now. They are getting out of hardboots.