Note to New Members ×

Leash for snowboard

Guest ibsailn

I am going out for the first time in a long time with the hard boots. I didn't think about the leash. Then I remembered I always kept a spare shorty in my shell. Needless to say I didn't have one in there, I had three of them. Now I have one mounted to the rear bale to the boot. Shouldn't be any flapping with that setup.

To answer Kamran...because the snow was heavy and cold. Why else would I do it?

I guess I didn't formulate my question correctly. I meant why on "the chair"? every time when I'm sliding towards the chair in the line, I just do a few quick and short jumps to get the snow off my boots AND my board (which carries a lot more snow from time to time). Anyhow, the subject is really not that technically challenging. I guess everybody just does it differently. I was tempted to get rid of my leash, but after reading the above written horror stories, I guess I'm gonna keep it on.

Originally posted by Miguel

As you can see...that was a failure....plain and simple! I guess I just wasn't cut out for this new fangled stuff.

Miguel

actually, it worked just fine

when you hit "quote" the html coding will be there, including the original text (the gobbledeygook youre talkin about)

so..you type your response, and then hit "submit"

it then comes up as a quote. see above:)

Originally posted by kamran

I was tempted to get rid of my leash, but after reading the above written horror stories, I guess I'm gonna keep it on.

Well, are there any reasons not to wear a leash?

Exactly.

Worst case is that the leash does nothing good or bad. I think that's an acceptable trade-off for not having to worry about the board hitting anybody while I'm not on it.

DaKine used to make a leash that was actually a cable lock in disguise. Leashes are stupid, the cable locks are useful, and where else you gonna carry one?

I bought three when they were on sale. :)

Many years ago (before discovering DaKine's leashes) I popped out of both bindings at once. The leash broke too. Most of them are just decorative.

actually, it worked just fine

OK D-Sub...one more time. This time your entire text appeared, the first try it didn't. I used Foxfire as my browser this time and Internet Explorer the first time. I'm going to check out IE again and see if your text appears this time. Thanks for your help.

Miguel

Originally posted by kamran

The leash broke too. Most of them are just decorative.

Indeed, by forces where you can pull out inserts, I wonder how that whinny leash can hold?

When you pull out an insert, the leash, attached to the binding who is attached to your boot who pulled out the insert, is of no use.