Note to New Members ×

How to modify my ski boots for carving.

jburrill

@ old snowboards

The purchase isn't a done deal. The set up is TD2 step ins and paired with a Volk 178 Renn tiger at 250 for the set. The guys boots were too big. I measured my foot length up against a wall and got 10.625 inch which is exactly 27cm. So I would be a 27 mondo. However, my Dads foot is one cm larger than mine, and he can fit in his old TNT carbons (although very cramped and squished) and still buckle up the boot. I cannot get any of the top buckles down on top because of my calf size. I would consider snowboard boots over the ski boots if they are reasonably priced. Another idea I've had was to purchase the additional parts from Catek to get my dads catek soft boot set up to a hard boot set up, then use his ski boots and ride one of our own boards. Apparently my dad has been trying to get a hold of them for years about it. I emailed them last week and haven't heard back, but I haven't called them yet.

Edited by wannabealpiner

• 1 month later...

I ride a renn tiger 178 gs, I was using a 20 year old pair of rossi board boots from back in the day when rossi made carving boards. beggining of this year they developed a crack on he top and I replaced them with a pair of dalbello ski boots. I broke the toe off those the first day, I went and got a pair of salamon 770 that same day and can honesly say that I love them more than my rossis. I demoed a pair of snowboard boots from bomber here at eces this year and thought they were too soft. I should also mention that when the cord is gone sometimes I switch to skis. Biggest things you want to watch for is that your plates are big enough to fit the boots and that you don't hang over the edge of you board.