Note to New Members ×

Carbon X-bones?

Just bought a pair of carbon x-bones with intec heals... Anyone have comments on these before I put a day on them? Im a semi-aggressive all mountain rider and these will be mounted to an SG cult. Im 230 lbs if that has any baring. I would love to hear everyone’s candor that has exerience with them.:confused: my other choice was the Nidecker free carve... but I passed for the stiffnes of the carbon.

can’t say im real pleased with what im reading so far but this is what I needed to hear BEFORE I bought them, lesson learned... I was told these would be right up my ally... Bola at all board sports recommended them, and said they would suite me better then the nideckers... any ideas where I should go from here if I send them back? ideas on a better Intec binding (or non-intec) for all-mountain riding? I dont ride my hardboots in pow as I save that for the soft boots but everything else warrants the hardboots.

at your height and weight, you should have no problems flexing any f2 binding.

except maybe the CNC.

more worried about stress put on my all-mt. board from the torsional stiffness of the binding... in other words I would rather crack a binding then my board. Tell me I am over thinking this and I will stop with the silly questions :biggthump and buy the F2s

• 9 months later...

This is way late for your discussion, but...

I had a pair of those mounted to a board for a few runs. With my foot buckled in I could flex it enough to raise the heel or toe portion of the base plate OFF the board. I'm about 170-180, and I sold them quickly.

If you are less then 150 and looking for flex, sure. Otherwise- not my favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

Awful this crack on Raichle Carbon X-bones. What is that brown stuff around center-disks. This wasn't ever on stock bindings.

Maybe 230 lbs would be to much, even on that 13 Years old plastics.

I just saw such Intec's in a shop saturday mounted on a Burton R-160. I did know it before, Raichle X-Bone was available with 3-D central control disk for Burton's.

Please remark Raichle recommend riders weight:

Raichle X-Bone: 40-80 kg (90-175 lbs)

Raichle X-Bone Carbone: 60-100 kg (130-220 lbs)

So target group of riders would be at:

Raichle X-Bone: 50-70kg (110-155 lbs) and

Raichle X-Bone Carbone: 70-90 kg (155-200 lbs)

It's highly recommend to read and understand manufactorys suggestions and instruction manual of bindings, to prevent overloading.

Nidecker Freecarve bindings would be overload by 230 lbs. Turn to metal bindings, like actual ones, or Emery Quattro, which is a pure real steel binding (no plastics, except lever)

Don't take the F2 Titanium-Intec's. This bindings are well known as board-cracker. If You need step-in's, try F2 Titanflex Intec.

There are not many AM plate-bindings available for the "SuperSizeMe"-class (> 200 lbs.)

• 2 months later...
If this is poaching, let me know and I'll delete. I have a pair of Intec (step-in) carbon X-bones like NWboarder's I'd sell. I actually posted them last year and the classified post is probably still there (with photos).

Fair game, no longer have any to offer