Note to New Members ×

2012 Riding at Whitetail

piusthedrcarve

i was there friday and it was chalky for a few hours - not too bad. the sun was in & out and that helped keep it from getting too wet. anyway, i might be there Monday a.m. if work doesn't get in the way. loupa, if you are gonna demo boards anyway, wanna try a 185 (Oldenburg) to see if a longer board suits you? i'll bring it along if you'd like - assuming i can make it.

edit: oh yeah, and the place has gotten a little contour to it, which is always nice.

Edited by davekempmeister

It was nice riding with you all yesterday! Hopefully, it won't be the last nice day of 2012 at WT!

Yeah. Seating together with 3 other hardbooters was RAD (really rare in our area). Awesome time I had. We (with se7ven) left aroudn 12:45. Legs gave up on me. The best condition of this season without doubt. Post a day before if you coming up. Love to ride with other hardbooters.

02-13-2012

se7en and I went WT and took first chair at 8:35 a.m. They blew snow guns all trails. Took 3 runs at SnowPark and went to Farside. One the way going there, I got face implanted on toe side turn at Angel Drop. Snow was soft-packed. Side of trails got untracked 5-6 inches on top of groomed. Met Davekempmeister at the bottom of Farside and rode 2-3 runs with him. At last stretch of Farside, another face implant happened. Madd 170 was a killer but too soft for my weight. In fact, Looking at the camber geometry, I forwarded stance and that's what happened. After eating snow twice, switched to SG and rode mostly SnowPark. Met grock5 and Dave joined few runs after. Around 10:30, they turned off the snow guns and it was perfect. Last stretch of SnowPark was way slow and one area on the top got little icy but good area to pick up speed. We left at 12:45 since we knew our legs were toasted. All in all, the best condition of this season.

• 3 weeks later...
Pius, are you definitely going tomorrow? I can't commit because of work but if the stars align, I just might be there.

I just decided when I came home this evening. I gotta make some excuse for work but...... This will be the last day to see decent condition in our neck of woods. So... Yup I'm definitely going. I will leave around 6 from Fairfax via 270 and 70. Probably passing Frederick around 6:45. Call me if you want to meet up on the way. 703-eight88-eight six five four.