Note to New Members ×

Thinking about heading to Salt Lake, need info

SEJ

Martin, thanks for the tour of the hill and all your other help. Always great to get directions from a local. Don't worry, you carve those softies just fine.

Tuesday was GREAT, but cold. Wednesday was overcast with a little snow, but warmer. Thursday, I'm shot, need a day off. Hope to get back to it Friday.

Snowbasin was fun today. Top half was good on runs and off. Then about halfway down the mountain if you ventured off into the untracked it was like suddenly throwing on the brakes.

I managed to rag doll twice that way.

But the snow is filling places in, and it was starting to snow again when I left around 2:00.

Gonna go see what tomorrow brings.

Yay, maybe winter is here now.

Mick

Friday morning was real sucky, wet, heavy snow falling. We checked the hour by hour report and it showed it clearing for the PM, so we just killed some time. Got on the hill around11:00, and it just got better and better. Cleared up, cooled down, snow firmed up, and we had a ball!

Not looking forward to the drive home, wish I had a month off.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying riding with the various BOL'ers that have passed through Park City on the hunt for snow... John was the latest. We had a good little crew yesterday morning, glad I got to get my SG out for a few turns! Good times. John...Great hanging out with you and your buddy. Thanks for visiting!

what the snow like out there off the groomers in Park City ? I'm coming out there the end of February with intent of glades boarding all week on my Burton Fish. Is there enough snow off the groomers to enjoy the trees and bowls ??

thanks in advance !!

what the snow like out there off the groomers in Park City ? I'm coming out there the end of February with intent of glades boarding all week on my Burton Fish. Is there enough snow off the groomers to enjoy the trees and bowls ??

thanks in advance !!

Sorry, I've ridden here 12 seasons and wouldn't go in there safely without another 36"+ dump! Still sketchy in the trees.

I'm really enjoying riding with the various BOL'ers that have passed through Park City on the hunt for snow... John was the latest. We had a good little crew yesterday morning, glad I got to get my SG out for a few turns! Good times. John...Great hanging out with you and your buddy. Thanks for visiting!

Hey Martin

Nice meeting you too. It was great having four carvers together. That's probably the biggest posse I've ridden with in awhile. I'm heading over tomorrow (Friday) for our last day. Maybe we'll see you.

For anyone wondering, the snow is great.

John