Note to New Members ×

Wax?

LambertoMI

Hello All,

I can no longer find the black carbon graphite wax I used to use. I had a ton of it, and now I need to replace it.

What do you guys use for the sintered 4000 bases? I have several boards and they all have the black sintered bases. Obviously the normal wax does not bond well with the surface so what is your experience?

Let me know as I figured it was better to ask you folks than experiment on my own. I ride 15-30 degree temps on fresh and man made snow. Lots of ice as well.

Thanks

Lamberto

*shrug*

I would guess that the majority of us on this forum are running boards with graphite bases - that's what almost all alpine boards seem to have these days. I see people using all sorts of wax on them. Personally I use Hertel's and think it works great, but everyone has their preferences. I don't have any problems with it. A lot of folks around here like the Dominator wax that Bomber sells. I think it has graphite in it.

There are plenty of waxes on the market with graphite in them. Some folks like to use them to try to replenish the graphite in their bases. I've waxed plenty of sticks with both (w/ graphite and w/o) and haven't seen a clear difference. I've seen both be fast and both be slow.

Or you could just sprinkle some graphite into regular wax......hillbilly.gif

Chris