Note to New Members ×

Skiing "Body Carving"

www.oldsnowboards.com

WTF??

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isZrhvikScw?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isZrhvikScw?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I find it oddly amusing and wrong at the same timel.:D Looks like it is about sitting on the inside ski and the outside ski is largely following with little weight on it. Looks particularly painful in the knees? I think it is best described by "Why"??

Back when I skied I worked hard to keep pressure on the outside ski, I always admired the Mahre brothers. Bode pulls out some incredible saves on the inside ski, but looks great here on the outside ski. Even after 15 years of skiing I find that there's nothing like carving on a snowboard.

post-2523-141842353908_thumb.jpg

A little like what we used to call an "outrigger" which was an inside ski turn with the hips below the knees. The outrigger, though, was still a hip-angulated turn - the body stayed relatively upright as the uphil knee and hip drove toward the inside, with the outside leg straight and virtually unweighted. This guy is taking all the power out of the turn by lying down like that.

The holy grail was to blast from, say, a left-turn outrigger straight up into a clockwise helicopter, landing in a right outrigger. Oddly enough it was easier to do backwards, like a figure skater. Horrible load on ACL no matter what, of course....

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. He's on the bunny hill on pocket rockets looking like a moron. Can he do that on a steeper slope? Wow....

Yep, but he sure is serious about it :) Rental skis?

Translator? Could be fun to hear his explanation of his carving style. ;)