Note to New Members ×

Calgary rentals

xy9ine

Im in town (and gearless) for the week; will be heading out later this week (probably louise or sunshine), and need to rent some gear. Any suggestions as to who in town might have the least sucky / potentially carvable hardware? I'm near the university. Looks like they have gear rentals...

You should at least have bought your boots with you, the crew here could have found you an alpine board and binders ...:)

If you're looking for softie gear, then Sunshine has a pretty decent line of Salomon stuff on the hill, that might be a bit nicer than the usual junk. The university does have rental gear, but I'm not sure what it's like.

we swung past the u to check out the gear; turned out to be the typical short & floppy rental stuff. my wife picked up gear there (a negative cambered burton something - looked broken w/ a kink in the middle. weird tech), whilst i grabbed a 'high performance package' salomon burner from sunshine. longest length was 163, but turned out to be a fun ride once the i tweaked the bindings to eliminate boot out. havent been on softies for a few years but it was pretty fun - esp. w/ the 18cms of fresh (on top of a similar dump the day previous). great day up there; not a bad hill - apart from an overabundance of flat runouts.