Kerry......surfnsnow

Mike.......swiss racer

Rob .......rus_11

George....Gcarve

Brooke....SnowNBeachAddict

Carlo.....

Luca.......Zeta Tre

Mary.......Majoan

14 people confirmed so far, maybe AL....Algunderfoot and possibly more, the grooming won't last long

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks like conditions will be favorable for blowing lots of snow beginning Tuesday of next week. Temps down in the teens for the nighttime. I might be on the carving stick for the first part of the day and then jump over to the carving sticks for that latter half.

I might be on the carving stick for the first part of the day and then jump over to the carving sticks for that latter half.

Sounds like a plan. I'll probably start out on the Carve board, then go to the AM board as things get trenched up......................................by us :D

Hi,

It looks like June is a no go:( no snow:( I told Al (Algunderfoot) about this and it looks like he will be up. So this makes three more of us and I let some of the folks in Santa Barbara know as well.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year:)

Brooke & Carlo

Very cool! I guess we know who gets prize for coming the farthest.

Ugh! Looks like the temps are going to remain high enough that they won't be able to blow snow! What happened to winter? Sierra snowpack is on 19% of where it should be, spring like temps here in SoCal mtns. Time to dust off thw wakeboard and waterski. 35 off @ 34mph next week for sure!

Ugh! Looks like the temps are going to remain high enough that they won't be able to blow snow! What happened to winter? Sierra snowpack is on 19% of where it should be, spring like temps here in SoCal mtns. Time to dust off thw wakeboard and waterski. 35 off @ 34mph next week for sure!

Unless things change we probably won't come: I'm not too trilled by spending $70 x2 and be miserable/wet...

Luca, wear the appropriate pants with some water repellency in them. Not those things that you had on a few weeks ago. I was having 80s flashbacks with those things. The only thing that could have made them better is if they were day glo colors.

At least come up for the apres boarding activities

The past few weeks the temps have been getting below freezing at night in big bear valley, on the mtn though it is completely different. There is a huge temperature inversion going on currently with night time temps on the slopes being in the low to mid 40s. A perfect example of this is Snow Valley. SV was able to make snow last night but only in their base area as the higher mtn temps were too high to blow snow.

Let's hope that Snow Summit is able to make some snow before Sunday.

I'll see what i can do about cones. Aaron, I might need a ride up on Sunday if my truck isn't ready - fuel pump...

I went up on Monday 1/2/12, and it was fine with me, didn't get slushy, but it was icy. My legs were jello by noon. My lower back is still a little bit sore right now - heh, i'm so out of shape.

What's going on at Mike's place? Should we bring some longboards and some cones like we did a while back?

and any of those extra decks you might want to part with. I need a grocery getter/street carving deck!

Can't wait to ride with everyone!:biggthump

I have no camera but willing to film!

I am driving from riverside so if any one wants to carpool from that area, let me know.

felice lance at g mail dot com

Will be heading up for the festivities but will probably need to leave mid-afternoon. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Should I bring a rock board?

Updated list:

Andrea....carvingchef

Julian......Arclite

Lance.....Slopestar

George....GeorgeS

Aaron.....OVR

Albert.....bullwings

Kerry......surfnsnow

Mike.......swiss racer

Rob .......rus_11

George....Gcarve

Brooke....SnowNBeachAddict

Carlo.....

Luca.......Zeta Tre

Mary.......Majoan

Tom........Miltie

I may, unfortunately, not be making it after all. Since they still haven’t been able to blow snow, it’s hard to justify the ticket expense for both my wife and I. (I should have bought season passes. I will as soon as they go on sale for next year!) As soon as the snow guns are put back in operation or some natural stuff starts to fall I’ll see you up there.

Will be heading up for the festivities but will probably need to leave mid-afternoon. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Should I bring a rock board?

There should be plenty of snow on the runs. It's just off piste that will be a rock garden ( not that us HB'ers ever go off piste :D ).