Note to New Members ×

Get Dialed - Western MASS

ncermak

looking to schedule the same clinic With John Gilmour out here in Pittsfield Mass. EZ access from both S. VT,and Conn, as well as E.NY.

we have a room, and can get on the hill (I'll even try to get us some gates)

It would be at Bousquet (www.bousquets.com)

HOw many people can we get to come. I figure we need at least 10 to meet Johns financial and travel needs...

Its starting to shape up...

by my count we now have 6 people intrested. And a maybe or so. we are aiming for a group size of 10, which would put the price up to $25. evening lift tickets at bousquet would tack on $15. I am thinking of trying to do it on saturday night, January 7th. For those of you who want to stay over, there is a USASA (massachusetts Series) slalom and GS at Bousquet on the 9th....

We will be doing some gate training on saturday to get our kids ready...I should be able to put you all in the gates (maybe 5 or 10 bucks to ski school)...maybe john could come early enough to get a look at our riding...give some pointers.

It could almost be a MES...(mini expression session) of sorts...

• 2 weeks later...

as it stands right now:

Noah

Steve

Buggs

John O

Banjo Bill

Ben?

thats 5 yes, one maybe. I may be able to get one or two from the snowboard school, bringing us up to 8.

if thats it looks like 35$ each would meet Johns needs. Either weekend works for us (if the room at bousquet falls through, we can use the conference room at my office...in downtown pittsfield...)

YES, count me in, if it is Saturday evening.

I got directions to Pittsfield, but Mapquest didn't recognize Bousquet Ski Area. What is the best way comming from the south, up 87 to 90 then ?? Is the Ski Area south of Pittsfield?

Any snow ?

Thanks ------jp1

We are a go for a 7PM start.

Directions:

From Albany, NY - Take Route 20 East into Pittsfield. At intersection of Route 7 go right (Route 7 South). Follow for approximately 2 miles to sign for Pittsfield Airport and go right onto Dan Fox Drive. Follow less than 1 mile to Bousquet.

From Mass. Pike - Get off at Exit 2 (Lee) and follow Route 7 North for approximately 9 miles to sign for Pittsfield Airport. Make a left there onto Dan Fox Drive and follow less than 1 mile to Bousquet.

From Western Connecticut - Follow Route 7 North. Bousquet (Dan Fox Drive) is approximately 13 miles North of Great Barrington.

From New York City - Take Route 684 North to Route 22 North (Pawling). Follow Route 22 to Route 20 East. From there follow Albany directions: or take the Taconic State Parkway to the Berkshire area of the New York Thruway East to the Massachusetts Turnpike. Follow above Mass. Pike directions from this point on.

I will be at the mountain all day, you can me there if you have any problems (413) 442-8316, or email and I'll reply with my cell...(there is little coverage at the mountain though)

Lokking foward to meeting everyone

-Noah

WOW ! John, THANKS for the post !! I was on my way out the door to leave for Mass and figured I'd check my e-mail and then here.

You probably saved me at least 10 hours driving !!

I'm just glad it is cold enough somewhere for it 'too' snow!!

Hopefully I'll be able to make it next week.

No problem- I just finished MC'ing a great Banked slalom race at Rye Airfield. I got a ride up there in a super 4 X 4 with 35 inch tires- toyota Landcruiser snow assault vehicle.

See http://www.ncdsa.com/gen_tab2.asp?CatID=21

I'm all set for next weekend- hopefully the snow will let up for the drive. Shouldn't matter much as I'm arranging for a loaner car from the dealership anyhow.

________

Buy vapir one