Note to New Members ×

Thunder Dome '11-12' Thread

dingbat

The Rally is eternal.

I expect it will be the last Sat and Sun of President's week.

Feb 25th and 26th. I'll start a thread on it before long. I think the dates work well this year because the ECES is a little earlier than last time. The Rally will be like the pre-game.:D

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Dingbat,

How's it looking for this weekend? My friends' kids will be up for 1st time ski and snowboard lessons on Saturday and I was thinking of getting a few runs in. Still rock board season?

Had my good gear out today. Maybe it was pushing it, but the snow was so nice where we have it.

The Rally is eternal.

I expect it will be the last Sat and Sun of President's week.

Feb 25th and 26th. I'll start a thread on it before long. I think the dates work well this year because the ECES is a little earlier than last time. The Rally will be like the pre-game.:D

Mark I'll try to make it for one of the days.

• 2 weeks later...

Since everyone is posting about the Beast in other threads, I thought I'd take a moment to set the record straight: conditions at Berkshire East are way good! I just spent two awesome days carving over the weekend.

The temps were COLD, which is good for continued snowmaking (there is plenty of cover now), and the crowds were (as usual) not bad, especially for a holiday weekend. Even with the cold temps the snow never got iced up. Despite the recent snowfall, they had everything groomed out nice and firm. Other than some soft spots early Saturday morning, the rest of the weekend was great for carving.

Winter is FINALLY here. Carve on, everyone! Carve on! :biggthump

The hill was mint today. Sun came out and it stayed cooler that expected. Great conditions held on everywhere all day.:biggthump

Tomorrow we may see some rain after the snow, but I think on the hill it'll be more snow and less rain. Temps drop significantly tomorrow night so Wed morning may be crispy, but I'm guessing it will be fast, stiff, groom. The breeze on Wed will dry it all back out making the weekend real pretty again.

Oh and Mike, you were making some god-damn nice looking turns this past weekend, even after staying up playing drinking games at the flop house.:nono::D

Oh and Mike, you were making some god-damn nice looking turns this past weekend, even after staying up playing drinking games at the flop house.:nono::D

Thanks! But drinking games did come at a price. For once, I actually didn't make first chair. :sleep: Or... maybe it was the -12 F windchill :eek: that helped me decide on a later start. At any rate it was a great weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like light rain today with partly cloudy for Sat and Sun. Can anyone comment on likely conditions for Sunday? Mark?

I'm hoping that even with some rain today, things should be groomed out nicely by Sunday. Wishful thinking? Let me know. Stratton is my backup.

After Tuesday, I will suddenly have lots of free time for carving! :biggthump Hopefully the weather doesn't take a turn of the worse. If it does, I suppose everyone can blame me. :(