Note to New Members ×

All-Mountain Hardboot board 170cm + / 24.5cm+

NWboarder

Revising my last post.

being more specific here: WTB All-Mountain Hardboot board 170cm + / 24.5cm+. Would love to make an easy trade for my 2010-2011 166w K2 Slayblade that is in GREAT condition (8.5 out of 10). LOTS of life in this flatline tech board. Ridden 10 days total. I am wanting more of a freeride/carvey hardboot setup. Will come up with cash if needed (sub $300 please).

Thanks!

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35467

Not sure how wide this board is but it might be worth contacting the seller. Just a hair shorter than what you are looking for.

Thanks, Dave and I have been in touch about the board. I am seriusly considering it. I bought my Head Startos pros from him and he was an absolute awesome guy to deal with.

Tanker 177 is wide like a steam boat... You want 172 old version, 180 or 192...

SO tanker over the 165 F2 huh? I am told the F2 is stiff enough for me but is it long enough for a 6'6" 230 pounder.. and oh yes, I want the cambered (no rocker) non-oversized older version. I will ride steeper angles or use my palmer pls plates if need be. I want quick edge to edge and solid hold when carving.

Best? There are many bests ;) depending on your taste and abillity. My best you might hate and vice-versa...

Yet, here is my best shot:

Ask Bruce to build you an AMT 176, waist about 23, tuned for your weigh and abillity, and you are good to go. The 300 budget won't be applicable any more, but you'll thank me later.

The odds are that you'll hate the Renntiger 182 as your first (and only) alpine board.

I am SOOOOO stuck! someone just tell me the BEST board for hardbooting in everything BUT pow... have a pow board. dare I just throw up my hands and go for a RennTiger 182 and just be a carver (still learning the technique).

The best board is the one that sees the snow! Come on..... just gotta give you a hard time!!!! I'm still waiting to be graced by your presence.... hahahahahaha!

The best board is the one that sees the snow! Come on..... just gotta give you a hard time!!!! I'm still waiting to be graced by your presence.... hahahahahaha!

HAHA! Right you are Kathy! I am just being far too scrupulous. I just need to GET OUT there on one. With you, further more. can any of your friends let me ride a loner?<O:p

Evan, maybe if you are going to wait until you get your own $ back from the IRS and put it together with your Slayblade $, you have time to find some demo sessions in the interim.

Would love to! Hard to find shops that demo Alpine boards in the greater Spokane area. thoughts?

This is the best advice on this thread. By far.

Those that know me, know I am very outdated in my gear. The kids get new stuff before I do, but even there, kid #2 is getting hand-me downs! (too bad the pink flowery skis won't get passed down to my son! but I think I have them sold.... good ol' Craigslist!)

I got a few new-to-me boards last year and lovin the new toys!

Maybe I'm just envious by those guys that can get all the fancy stuff.... oh well... what I've got works for me though! (and some of it has been seeing snow too!!!!)

Hey Evan, I've got a 178 oxygen summit you would like, 26 wide about 150 effective edge,

great AM board for a big guy. Not really alpine but a capable carver and adequate pow board.

lmk when you can get to Schwietzer and you can demo, may need your own binders or I have some old stepin burton raceplates you could set up.

I've ridden it a few times and really like it but it's a bit wide for my size 27s.