Note to New Members ×

schweitzer report

Pusbag

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda showed up late was a little ragged from 2 pow days in a row @ whitefish. Rallied back hardcore rode till 4. Awesome carving on the groomers and pretty good off piste as well. The only other hardbooter was boardski but the others kept up.

Two days ago I was struck by what I thought would be the usual 24 hour bug,and it did seem like it was done yesterday but I am hit with round two today.I won't be coming to race after all.If I am doing fine tommorrow night I may try to come up Monday.Anyone around then?I'd like to have you guys try out the gopro mount if you're up for it.I'll post my condition tommorrow night.Hope to see ya soon.

Rode from 2:30 to 4:30 or so. Laid some trenches and poached some pow stashes. Talked to ohd while @ work but didn't see any other hardbooters while I was out there. I will be there for first chair tomnorrow. Weather dudes are calling for 1 to 2 feet overnight. So I might be on my pow board if it snows 16 inches or more. Otherwise my prior 4x4 loves powder.

Had a awesome morning session. The carving conditions were perfect and off piste was equally as nice. Did 4 runs of pow on the north bowl with boardski. Also ran into OhD from white pass along with the other alpine racers with the usasa. Ran a 31.5 in the nastar course as well. I also seen dane and john this morning too. Hope it pukes so much snow I gotta ride my pow board tomorrow. Today was day 40 for snowboarding for this season with many more to come.

WOW!!! One of the best carving days of this season. Practically speakless at the moment. .... Ok done with the silence in honor of kram. Rode with dane till noon. We both met up unplanned on first 1st chair on the bunny hill. Then proceeded to have trench wars with john. Whenits good its great !

Sorry we missed ya Gus.

Showed up late and saw a couple trenches, talked with Mr. & Mrs Thirst Snowboards while hanging at the Wang and chatted for a few. they were calling it a day but Mark was railing happily on his own, uber stiff, 174 full carbon wrap on antique stepin bindings with negative splay.

I was actually 2planking it today, in-between wang deck sessions soaking up the sun, much to mrs b0ardski's delight.

Kevin nailed it the other day, he said it aint switch, switch is going sideways,

I ski backwards, I ride backwards, switch alpine feels just like switch skiing, it's backasswards.

The spring like bumps were big fun in the sun today on 186 twin tip atomics.

either direction

Edited by b0ardski

OMG the big purple stick in my hand

came to life under my feet today.

carving steep winchcat groomers on uber stiff 18 wide race boards aint so bad in the right conditions

ps riding backwards on 185 race boards is only recommended on hardpack groomers in the sunshine

Edited by b0ardski

Rode with the family today everyone but Rusty he was @ school. Good carving conditions on mtn left many a rut. Had lunch @ the outback even did a little pow off the t-bar out of bounds too. I worked out the calendar with schweitzer and now have a pdf file of the schedule also. Will be posting in a few spots tomorrow.

Got up to the mtn late had to deal with my son breaking his clavical boarding today. But he has been boarding for 14 years so not to bad since it is his first board injury. I kicked some 2 legged ass tonight. Came in around 8th place mens beat all the girls so I'm stoked since I just wanted to beat a few 2 leggers. Pays to be a carver for doing gates. I don't have much gate experience but carving turns instead of sliding turns is faster.