Note to New Members ×

First chair

Odd Job

You don't have the right bumper for the disk under your plate by the look of it. There are little marks on the bumper that tell you if it is for a 3 degree, 6 degree or flat disk. Maybe you have the bumpers reversed front to back?

If you have the correct bumper there would only be about 1/16" of space depending on the angles of your plates

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I see 2 bumpesr with 3 notches on my OTHER binding.

Funny thing is, it looks like I may have to reverse the heel and toe blocks around to accomodate the binding being on front now. there still seems to be a gap but a lot smaller, both ends have 3 dots, i'll post... I'm assuming this gap goes to nil once I crank down the screws

(Now I get why when These came in the mail, I thought the bindings looked a bit funny, I reversed the toe/heel blocks on one cause the "bomber label" was upside down, hahaha, turns out I configured it right for 0 cant front 3 back, now I have to undo it ... EDIT: or just take out the bumpers and switch them arou nd)

I'm SO glad i caught this!

post-8824-141842353726_thumb.jpg

Is this normal? (yes its' a 3 degree cant disk, I had to switch the bumpers around to accomodate 3 degree cant in front inward as regular)

both bumpers have 3 notches on them. (I assume this is what the mark for 3 degrees bumper is)

EDIT: next to bumper is 5mm allen key, the bindings are screwed down tight.

post-8824-141842353732_thumb.jpg

Is this normal? (yes its' a 3 degree cant disk, I had to switch the bumpers around to accomodate 3 degree cant in front inward as regular)

both bumpers have 3 notches on them. (I assume this is what the mark for 3 degrees bumper is)

EDIT: next to bumper is 5mm allen key, the bindings are screwed down tight.

read post #51

Ink

BETTER, can link some carves, still somewhat intimidating.

I have a huge problem angulating on toe side. I think maybe my stance or setup is still not dialed in. I try and I try but forcing my knees sideways to drive the board while moving my hand as close to the edge of the board is HARD. I got the dreaded stutter? (get edge, lose edge, get edge) on toeside as a result.

Heelside, if I tip the board quickly it tends to side out as it comes around. Conditions were not ideal, only one slope was open... opening day at this particular resort.. you get the idea. (very crowded). (on ice, I should be low correct? How low? My range of up/down movement is limited, I think due to the stiffness of the boots)

3 inward cant front, 0 back, 55/45 (First few runs were at 55/50).

I'm still having a hell of a time getting in, but at 55/45, I can clip myself in sitting down on bails. (Am I not supposed to have an easy time clipping in sitting down? aka reduce the splay? or do I just have a really weird skeletal system?)

stance width is now 20 inches. Less intimidating, but I am nowhere near linking carves like with my softboot setup. I think my body position may be out of whack more than I think due to fear, or the "stiffness/harshness" of hardboots.

Oh and finally, the entire time my back knee kind of wants more splay or wants to "rotate out". If I get up off the ground on my board the wrong way, I can literally feel my back knee want to rotate out and tear off the way you would twist and pull a piece of chicken bone.