Note to New Members ×

Lookout Pass

kinpa

I heard there will be a ton of snow! Maybe (just maybe) they will get the backside open too! and I may need to rethink my plans for the weekend.... maybe I'll join you guys on Saturday! I can't imagine there will be too many lessons.... planning on the rock/teaching board... and don't want to overdo it the first day!

I can't make it on Saturday either..... daughter has 4H stuff that day.... so, Sunday it is for me....

here's the latest

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150375630922684&set=a.340874572683.154022.120643147683&type=1&theater

Steve, please be so kind to post a full report.... I was expecting to be on the rock/teaching board, but I'd really love to get on the Donnek again (if I don't kill myself on it!) And hopefully by Sunday, the true die-hard crowd will ease up a bit and won't be too packed!

kinda glad Schweitzer is opening.... maybe it won't be too crowded at Lookout this weekend then.... but I AM STILL GOING ON SUNDAY!!!!! :)

I was very tempted to call in to work today, but I've had perfect attendance at work for almost a year and I'd hate to mess that up .....

Imagine that, they reward you for actually showing up to work! :lol:

Great snow,and the Diablo flet right at home on the choppy stuff.Long lift lines by our standards but everybody left by 2:00 so last few runs were no wait.Well worth going AND A FANTASTIC OPENING DAY!

Thanks for the reports, Steve. I just got off the phone with someone else that was there today too..... CAN NOT WAIT FOR SUNDAY (kiddo is grounded tomorrow.... I should just go tomorrow without her!)

yes, Steve.... looking good... thanks for sharing.... I'll be heading out here with my daughter about 6:30 am MT.... I saw they got chair 2 (back) open today already too! Sweet! Another friend that went on Friday said there was even some tree skiing (not that I'd do that anyway! hahahah)

that did not suck

No evidence here but Sat was the best season opener I can remember in 27yrs of bumming:p

Becki and I drove up sat and stayed at a motel to get there early so we got rockstar parking.

was told fewer people and more snow than fri.

found knee deep fluffy pow in the tight trees off chair 2. Even the groomers were great carving with softer snow on top of a firm base. The 173 Identity totally ruled on & off piste.

1st time at Lookout, 1st streched out carves and 1st deep powder turns of an "early" open season. had as much fun as any mid season pow day except for the early season legs:freak3:

• 2 weeks later...

My third day yesterday started with training on how to evac the chair.... it was kinda fun!

I rode the big green Donek in the morning for the first time this year.... forgot that thing likes to cruise! It had started to snow and I guess the goggles I had on weren't quite right and I couldn't see. Taught a beginner lesson (one adult who did great!) and then took a few runs on the Rossi All-Mountain board... conditions were quite different from last week, to say the least.... firm base!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember the Green Donek being so big and scary.... groomers were great yesterday (soft and no crowds) and had a few good runs on it, but I had to stop several times cause I was just going a little too fast.... :smashfrea

BUT - at least I got a compliment from a co-worker..... I need that sometimes!

• 2 weeks later...

So I got one of our ace female snowboard instructors up @ schwizz that is interested in joining you during NICE for a girls day of carving. We will need to find some gear so make sure to bring your extra gear. We will do tje same. Happy new year.