Note to New Members ×

OT: War of words in the skiing world......

NMU Alpine Boarder

some of these kids really make the sport look bad skiing has been plagued with these kid for the last few years

I find it ironic that the old fogey skiers refered to us as punk ass park rats but now they have just as many if not more in their sport

trashing speed events is pretty dumb I would much prefer eating a rail to going for a ride into mesh at 75 MPH

that orange mesh seems like not such bad thing to hit untill you hit it at a decent clip

I hit some at because I was being stupid not all that fast either still hurt like a bastard

Wonder if Tanner has ever actually seen a world cup level downhill course? I've been at Louise when they've run the ladies event and stood at one of the corners as those women went by at mach schnell on what's more or less a course of solid ice. They add water, on purpose, and used a bunch of military guys to side step it and get it nice, hard and icy. I don't think I can even stand up on one of those sumbitches, much less set an edge at 75 mph.

Did you ever see that near-fatal, Hannenkam crash by Brian Stemmle in 1989 where he basically "rode" the top of the orange fence at 120km/h? He was nearly torn in half. Then after FIVE years of recovery, he's back racing at Kitzbuhel. That's a man, man. Balls of steel.

Those downhillers make F1 drivers look like wussies.

I have no idea who Tanner Hall is but I do know he's an idiot.

Tanner Hall rips. I enjoy watching him. I would love to be able to do what he does. His attitude is pretty normal among young cocky skiers and boarders. They can't turn to save their lives (although Tanner Hall can) but they can ride rails, so they are experts. That is why a lot of these skiers and riders stay in the park/pipe. They will tell you the rest of the mtn. is boring, but what that really means is that they don't know how to ride the rest.