Note to New Members ×

Toe Lift for Burton/IBEX

ExcelsiorTheFathead

I recently got a new set of IBEX plates and like them very much. The standard 7 degree wedge for the rear foot works fine for me, but I'd like some way to implement a little toe lift. I've read that there was a thing called a "Varicant" which were shims that went under the toe or heel blocks. Is there any way to find these things?

From the currently available suppliers, it seems like I can only get another 7 degree wedge or one of those round Unicant things. But the Unicant is 19cm in diameter? That is wider than my board, so I don't see how that would work.

I could use a fixed wedge in front, but would like something less than 7 degrees. Anybody have a 4-hole wedge that might work for me?

Thanks Much.

I would recommend a custom. I used the burton/ibex unicant for front and rear, but when it does not fit, you can use spacers washers and what not. Otherwise, find a metal shop near you and have them fab an angled plate to meet your needs.

The unicant is wide and can be cut down in width, but not sure how solid it will be after it is modified. I would try to find an old burton fixed cant....

I did a run of aluminum toe and heel lifts for the Burton Race Plate back in the early '90s. I may be able to find a few if you cannot come up with a closer alternative.

Assuming of course, the toe and heel pads on the Ibex use the same drilling pattern as the Burton.

To the best of my knowledge, IBEX are direct copies of Burton so it should work. I'd be very interested in trying your lifts. The light weight of these bindings intrigues me and I'd like to examine any reasonable method of customization. If you can find your lifts, please PM me via my profile.

... but I'd like some way to implement a little toe lift... Is there any way to find these things?

....I could use a fixed wedge in front, but would like something less than 7 degrees. Anybody have a 4-hole wedge that might work for me?

Thanks Much.

I've seen BlueB made these wedges from chopping board that u can find from DOLLAR Store. They sell various thickness from $1.00 - $3.00 depends the thickness and size. These chopping board material is strong and not weather sensitive but easy to cut/shape. We also use 'em for skate board sliding palm. Need longer M6 screws.

Good luck,

RT