Note to New Members ×

Swoard Extremecarver circle

caspercarver

I had knee surgery today and i got to thinking how much i miss carving. I had to give it up last year early. I believe this was last day i went out. I don't know if this officially counts as a circle but it farther than i have ever gone. Riding my Swoard Extremecarver 161cm., circle starts at 1:22 and ends at 1:29. I cannot wait to get back out there. Cheers!

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u1FOtOINZ-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for sharing, fun to watch :biggthump and get well soon.

Hope you'll have a good physiotherapist (did cost me two years because at first I had one which didn't know what to do with my OP knee).

Thanks Hans, I've heard many times if your going to mess up your knee or shoulder, Jackson Wyoming is a good place to do it. A lot of good Docs and therapists to work on you. Will see.

Yeah agree a good physio can make a big difference. Is this carving injury?

You might want to look at aqua exercises, less weight at the begininng of healing the better.

Take your time and make sure it heal well.

RT

I was diagnosed with "plica syndrome", caused by repetitive up/down motion in both knees. A little pain and constant swelling now for a couple of years. Comes and goes depending on level of exercise. I had three cortisone shots and the "big" synvisc injection. Nothing helped. I was uni-cycling seven days a week even in the winter. I will definitely check into aqua exercise.

Cool video! Thanks! :biggthump

I was just wondering a few days ago where you were at with the knee situation... Hope this is the fix you've been looking for! Would be good to see you out on the hill this winter. Good luck with healing....

Thanks Jack and carvingScooby. Two_Ravens, I resisted surgery as long as i could but nothing else was working. Surgery yesterday was a lot better than everyone told me it would be. No pain, nausea etc. A little sore today, I can walk without crutches although not very far. I go in to the doc tomorrow to get the bandages off and advice on my future or whatever. Dr. Neal told me "take my uni out and set it on fire". No fire yet. :D

Best of luck with the knee... been there!! Find a good physio for sure. Might also look at investing in of of the cold water therapy things. Looks like a small cooler with a hose and custom cuffs that go around various parts. I remember renting one when I had my surgery. The water circulates with ice in the cooler. If you can't find a link through Google and are interested, pm me.

Awesome video!

Hey Casper, how goes the recovery? Still in the drug-induced version of nirvana? :freak3: Hope you're past the pain meds and healing well! We want to see more circles - fakie circle maybe....??? :biggthump :D

Hey Two-Ravens, went to the doctor today and he says i am a lot further along in recovery than he expected. No swelling, no fluid buildup and only moderate pain. I actually think i may be back on the hill this season. His nurse " OMG, you still have your uni right?" Ha! I was so close to selling it. Backwards circle all the time in my dreams! Got to work on forward and get it right. I found the perfect spot on Laramie Bowl, i think i just need a bit more speed?

Best of luck with the knee... been there!! Find a good physio for sure. Might also look at investing in of of the cold water therapy things. Looks like a small cooler with a hose and custom cuffs that go around various parts. I remember renting one when I had my surgery. The water circulates with ice in the cooler. If you can't find a link through Google and are interested, pm me.

Awesome video!

Thanks ti_knee, You didn't have plica surgery by any chance? I was sent home with the ice machine you are writing about. Pretty cool little gadget. I talked with a therapist friend today and she said all the clients she has had with this surgery have had very good results. I made the mistake of googling the surgery before hand and read story after story of people who had it and it didn't work. I wish now i had video taped the whole thing and put it out there to let people know it can be successful, knock wood. Cheers!