Note to New Members ×

Stratton Vermont, snow conditions?

Tommy D

When I was up there two weeks ago, the conditions were rather dismal, with very limited riding. And for the most part since then, it's been rainy and warmish, though cold enough to make snow.

How are the conditions up there now? I'd like to give it a shot on Saturday. It's either that, or paint the guest room/office/rec room. (Note those are all one small room. ;) )

So far the winter in the north east is slow to arrive, but that's just because it's storing up energy to really pummel us with snow between xmas and easter! :D

My wife rode yesterday and today. Yesterday was asphalt and you really had to be careful of rocks kicking around. Today was softer with Tamarak open still have to be careful of rocks.

I am going up, but I would say wait till next weekend it sounds like it will be good.

Also there is a USASA Slolom and GS there on Sat.

Originally posted by fishrising

Yeah, I am heading up on the 17th also...probably Okemo though...

Hey Ben,

I just got Bob Jenny's e-mail, would like to meet you guys on the 17th, Okemo sounds good.. Buggs, you listening?

I'll be on snow safari the 15th and 16th also, looking at mt snow then sunday river, dependent on snow conditions of course.

Guest jeremiah

I was at Stratton Sat & Sun mornings. There wasn't that much open, but other than the stupid cross-over next to the PowerPark, there was good coverage on the open runs. The top was icy, the bottom was sloppy, but it still beat painting. (Well, except for the fact that I forgot that I left my footbeds in my softboots at the end of last season and rode 2 mornings on no footbeds.)

Jeremiah