Note to New Members ×

Can feel screw on toe bail through boot

ti_knee

Same thing happened with the SnoPros and is happening again with the Sidewinders. I'm thinking about either attaching a small piece of plastic to the boots or enlarging the contact area of the screw on the toe bail by using some kind of bolt and a piece of plastic or wood. My preference is not to alter the boots permanently.

Any thoughts? Any DIY pics of what you've done in a similar situation.

I have new to me Sidewinders and Suzukas.

Nick

I've had this happen, usually with older boots. You can get rubber caps at a hardware store and glue them on, or plastidip the screw ends. Also you only need them set tight enough so you can get your fingertips underneath with gloves on, too tight will dent the boots.

Same thing happened with the SnoPros and is happening again with the Sidewinders. I'm thinking about either attaching a small piece of plastic to the boots or enlarging the contact area of the screw on the toe bail by using some kind of bolt and a piece of plastic or wood. My preference is not to alter the boots permanently.

Any thoughts? Any DIY pics of what you've done in a similar situation.

I have new to me Sidewinders and Suzukas.

Nick

Photos of YOUR set up? Boots in bindings. Close up in focus.

In going through the process of setting up my new to me Catek bindings, I noticed that the screw on the toe bail is installed with the head toward the boot, not on the upper side of the lever. Check if this is possible to do with your bindings as well, the head of the screw will chaff into the boot much less than the end of the shank. Take a look at pictures of the OS2 bindings on the Catek website to see what I mean.

Graham

Thanks for the reply. The screw is correctly mounted (rounded side toward boot and hex side toward the world). Photos to come when I have a bit of time!!

I'm going to look for something resembling what one would use as a self-leveling foot for a bench or table.

Thanks all for the ideas.

http://www.swmanufacturing.com/part_photo.asp?pid=BSMNYLA13&PROD_ID=127&TYP_ID=3

It might be a bit too high... there are lower profile ones out there.

http://www.swmanufacturing.com/part_photo.asp?pid=SMDLP0-A2&PROD_ID=144&TYP_ID=5

This might be more like it. Can somebody confirm that the screw size is indeed M10? I remember seeing it in a post recently, but can't find it.

SMDLP0-A2.jpg