Note to New Members ×

anyone down for some snowmobiling to some back country in MAINE

bobdea

I work at a company that's targeting the powersports crowd but also the outdoorsy folks in general.

we're offering rental sleds in Rangeley, as well as ATVs including side by sides.

we've been talking about ways to promote rangeley in general but also our own gig. so, one thing that has come to mind has been that there's some decent terrain that's accessible by sled here in the north east. decent snow pack (for the east) included.

what we are talking about is a day or two of riding and filming pretty much on the quebec/maine border. we'd like some exceptional riders to get in on this to make it look good for the camera.

probably we'll take a few sleds and a RZR4 if we can get a track kit for it.

as of right now this is the first spot that comes to mind. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/btF7C-eciuc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jack, you down?

About 5 of us will be on the ATV trails soon. We can't make it to Rangely from CV as the connector trails won't allow us.

You should see about getting those trails opened then maybe you could offer bikes as well like this outfit in VT.

OMG, we want bikes in the worst way but the big issue is the liability, the insurance company we use was not keen on it. as is we pay $54 every time a machine goes out.........

as far as bikes being allowed, it's hit or miss but that said the only enforcement I've ever seen is the warden service, no one has given any of us crap up this way yet.

I'd be interested...in at least hearing more as more develops...and know knows from there.

Ps...my off-piste hardbooting is much better than my on-piste...east coast tanker fun maybe!

which tanker? if you mean the 172 or 177 then for sure. much past that here in the east where it has not been weed whacked and the length becomes a liability.