Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Reports 2011-2012

Getting a head start on the season's ride board.

The big news is a new high speed to replace Stadium or "Yellow" chair.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZZXR1fy1h-U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MT HOOD MEADOWS 2011/12 SEASON PASS PRICING!

$499 for ages 23 - 64 | regular price $999 after November 6, 2011

$379 for ages 15 - 22 | regular price $669 after November 6, 2011

$259 for ages 7 - 14 | regular price $449 after November 6, 2011

$429 for midweek only (Monday - Friday / Not valid December 26-30, 2011)

$379 for ages 65+ | regular price $449 after November 6, 2011

$499 for ages 65+ includes 8 midweek bus rides to the mountain

Kids 6 and under $20 for the entire season!

Last years thread

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UfJkcWDLtEk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Four additional new groomers too!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/08hYulX4x8A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.skihood.com/Events-and-Teams/Calendar/2011/11/18/Widmer-Big-Chill?duration=Daily&year=2011&month=11&day=18&category=

Anyone been to one of these?

Widmer Brothers Brewing Big Chill '11

Time:9:00 PM - 1:00 AM

Location:Grand Central Restaurant and Bowling Lounge 808 SE Morrison Ave., Portland, OR 97214

Category:Music+Entertainment

Organizer:Widmer Brothers Brewing

Web Address:Big Chill '11

Kick off the winter snow season in style at the Big Chill, a celebration of the best of the Northwest presented by Widmer Brothers Brewing. Join Widmer Brothers for an evening of local craft beer -- including Brrr, the brewery’s winter seasonal -- music, art and fashion at Grand Central Restaurant and Bowling Lounge, beginning at 9 p.m.

• The night will include music from DEELAY CEELAY, a Portland-based duo that fuses live instrumentation with synched projected visuals blurring the lines between music, experimental film and performance, while creating an awesome and engaging experience for their audiences.

•Check out the latest winter styles in a fashion show produced by Portland’s Jillian Rabe, LLC featuring winter, street and outerwear including lines from: Compound, U.S. Outdoor Store and Antic.

•The silent auction is back this year; this time, benefitting Mountain Wave Search and Rescue! Local artists have been asked to create awesome winter-themed works of art from used snowboards, toboggans, and sleds. Guests at the Big Chill will be asked to vote on their favorite works of art and winning artists will receive prizes like a custom-designed Revolution Snowboard, Mt. Hood Meadows lift tickets, or a weekend getaway to Sunriver Resort. Attendees will also have a chance to get in on the prizes just for voting!

•Snow-junkies can also get their pictures taken at the Big Chill photo booth while warming up with a pint of cold Brrr.

Admission to the Big Chill ’11 is free. Custom Widmer Brothers glassware for the event will be free with the purchase of a Brrr Seasonal Ale for $3.50, while supplies last.

Hey Bryan, I've never been, but it's in my neighborhood and "free is a very good price." Want to rally the PDX carvers?

You read my mind Dan.

There are a number of new alpine riders in the PDX area that I would love to introduce to some of the "Regulars".

You be up for that?

You read my mind Dan.

There are a number of new alpine riders in the PDX area that I would love to introduce to some of the "Regulars".

You be up for that?

Sure! Friday night would probably be best for me, but I could flex either way.

Hey Brian, I'm afraid I have to bow out. I initially misread the event listing and thought it was both Friday and Saturday -- I see now it's just Friday. I'm out of town until Friday and I now have some family stuff to take care of when I get back.

If you do make it out there, please post your review of this year's Brr seasonal beer. That was the key draw for me, as you know fashion is not really my strong suit -- not sure the winter fashion show would have had much to offer me ;)

Hey Brian, I'm afraid I have to bow out. I initially misread the event listing and thought it was both Friday and Saturday -- I see now it's just Friday. I'm out of town until Friday and I now have some family stuff to take care of when I get back.

If you do make it out there, please post your review of this year's Brr seasonal beer. That was the key draw for me, as you know fashion is not really my strong suit -- not sure the winter fashion show would have had much to offer me ;)

Hi Dan. No worries, I accidently got a job. Unfortunately it is in Hillsboro. So I am doing the 1-1/2 + drive home every night in heavy traffic. Ends up being better than a 12 day. Having not worked in months, it is a bit of a shock:eek: I think I am going to just relax when I get home for the next few weeks. Not having done construction work for a while , it is kicking my ass pretty good. :smashfrea Interesting, intense work, amazing site and great

guys to work with. Enjoy the family!!

http://www.skihood.com/Events-and-Teams/Calendar/2011/11/18/Widmer-Big-Chill?duration=Daily&year=2011&month=11&day=18&category=

Anyone been to one of these?

Widmer Brothers Brewing Big Chill '11

Time:9:00 PM - 1:00 AM

Location:Grand Central Restaurant and Bowling Lounge 808 SE Morrison Ave., Portland, OR 97214

Category:Music+Entertainment

Organizer:Widmer Brothers Brewing

Web Address:Big Chill '11

Kick off the winter snow season in style at the Big Chill, a celebration of the best of the Northwest presented by Widmer Brothers Brewing. Join Widmer Brothers for an evening of local craft beer -- including Brrr, the brewery’s winter seasonal -- music, art and fashion at Grand Central Restaurant and Bowling Lounge, beginning at 9 p.m.

• The night will include music from DEELAY CEELAY, a Portland-based duo that fuses live instrumentation with synched projected visuals blurring the lines between music, experimental film and performance, while creating an awesome and engaging experience for their audiences.

•Check out the latest winter styles in a fashion show produced by Portland’s Jillian Rabe, LLC featuring winter, street and outerwear including lines from: Compound, U.S. Outdoor Store and Antic.

•The silent auction is back this year; this time, benefitting Mountain Wave Search and Rescue! Local artists have been asked to create awesome winter-themed works of art from used snowboards, toboggans, and sleds. Guests at the Big Chill will be asked to vote on their favorite works of art and winning artists will receive prizes like a custom-designed Revolution Snowboard, Mt. Hood Meadows lift tickets, or a weekend getaway to Sunriver Resort. Attendees will also have a chance to get in on the prizes just for voting!

•Snow-junkies can also get their pictures taken at the Big Chill photo booth while warming up with a pint of cold Brrr.

Admission to the Big Chill ’11 is free. Custom Widmer Brothers glassware for the event will be free with the purchase of a Brrr Seasonal Ale for $3.50, while supplies last.

Hey Bryan I am in for meeting up friday ! I havent been following BOL much lately but just saw your post. I work till 6pm but could practically walk from my work there. Let me know if you will make it ? If you wanted to just meet earlier instead of hillsburro-pdx-couv-and back to pdx commute let me know...

Ps. We could hit up upright brewing , then amnesia, then white eagle, and then hit widmer next door

Jim

Any thoughts on what conditions could be the week before Christmas? Thinking about hanging out in Portland for a week then.

It will be 26 degrees, 5" of new snow, 45" base. Moderate wind and crowded on Saturday.

http://www.skihood.com/The-Mountain/Conditions

Wow. 23" in the last 24 hours. It looks awesome up here, and it's still snowing. Stay tuned for possible lift additions...

20°Mt. Hood Meadows Base Area Weather Station @ 5250'

Friday, Nov. 18 at 02:20 PM

Temperature: 20° F (-6° C)

Base Snow Depth: 39

Top of Mt. Hood Express Weather Station @ 6600'

Temperature: 14° F (-9° C)

Wind: Southwest at 18 mph (29 km/h)

Top of Cascade Express Weather Station @ 7300'

Temperature: 16° F (-8° C)

Wind: Southwest at 0 mph (0 km/h)

New Snow Past 24 Hours: 23

New Snow Past 12 Hours: 12

Mid Snow Depth: 38

post-198-141842349795_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842349798_thumb.jpg

post-198-1418423498_thumb.jpg

Meadows is opening Sat with buttery cup and easily riding. I am hoping for more by Monday and Tuesday ! Perhaps the bowls and star could be open ? right ? otherwise Tline touring up to zigzag weather depending ....

Widmer tonight at 9? Anyone ? Free pint glass with a beer?

Saturday? :eplus2:

Hi Jim. Ended up not working today (it was an optional overtime day). I am needing some recovery time from my first full week doing construction work again. Bryan

Working thru sunday so need to wait till monday ? Sunday looks great for touring and bet MHM will open more by then ? Seems like if they have 36" usaully they open the bowls . Will be fun to get a few turns in !

Cool, give us a reminder. Where are you staying? Portland , Hood River?

Going up weekdays? Know your way around?

Bryan

I'll probably ride a during the weekdays. I am staying in Portland at a buddies place. I am getting a rental car so I can get around. Though while actually in Portland having a car is pretty much not needed.